1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to remove Gmail contacts emails from Email app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tematim, Aug 25, 2017.

1. tematim

tematim Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2017
    Hello,

The Email app have access to my Gmail contacts emails.

I want to separate the personal life with the Email app and work with my gmail account.

Because, actually, I can send an email to my coworkers emails and I don't want to be possible.

I want to remove it, how can I do it ?

Advertisement

hamedaboelftoh6 likes this.
  2. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Open up a secondary email account..So in one you keep your contacts and the second one won't have access or won't be sync to your contacts..or you can simply unsync your contacts off of your existing email account you are talking about..inside the settings on your email there's a feature to sync contacts and calendar..did I hit the spot??

Let me know.

3. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Assuming I understand correctly what you are looking for, it is easily achievable.

Open your email app and tap on the 3 horizontal bars in the top left corner.
    In the window that opens up, tap on the gear symbol (top right-hand side of window).
    In the window that opens up, tap on the email account that you want to remove.
    In the window that opens up, tap on the box that says REMOVE (top right-hand corner).
    Done.

You want to use the Gmail account separately, the galaxy phone curtains with the Gmail app installed. You can use that for just the Gmail account.

Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8