1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to remove my cellphone password security?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by a cooperator, Aug 23, 2017.

1. a cooperator

a cooperator Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Hi everyone!

Please don't close my thread if it is not allowed to ask help for support bypassing of security protocols. This cellphone is my own one. Or otherwise, how to know to log into it (unlock) with using current password or one to be changed. My issue is I do no longer need any log-in password I need it as it was from the factory. But resetting to the factory will not only remove the password. However, it will erase all data to let my cellphone be as it was from factory. I only need to undo the last settings of password security I did recently.
    I have this smart cellphone:
    System: Android 5.1
    Model: LT_M5_lite
    App Version: 1.0
    -------------------------

However, today I tried to setup VPN, and I was asked first to set up a password security. I have set it up. But I couldn't find away to remove it unless I will need to rest the default factory which will also remove anything done to the factory settings.

I found here somewhere in this forum the following: But I didn't find like it in my cellphone.

It is simple. To disable a password you created simply:

1. press the "Settings" icon
    2. Press "Location & security"
    3. Scroll down to "Set Password"
    4. Enter the current password
    5. Leave the New Password and Confirm new password fields blank
    6. Press "Ok"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, I was told "it seems relevant that any way to change the password would include entering the current password."

However, I have tried changing existing PW. However, when doing that, I only was asked to first enter new one and had to confirm it. Or otherwise, the old one was still active. (Wasn't changed). I cannot leave confirmation of new PW being empty.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was told to watch this video

However, I have tried doing your suggestion.
    1 - your video is dedicated to Samsung Galaxy. My cellphone is LT lite M5. I have not found any similar options. I found "Reboot" but not as in your video "Reboot System now". I selected "Reboot", but no difference happened.
    2- in my cellphone when I held on the "turn ON/OFF" along with "voice down/up" once, the factory options appeared. However, in video he said three times holding on "turn ON/OFF" along with "voice down/up"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was told Resetting to factory and losing all your data is the only solution.
    If it was a PC it would be different but it's Not a PC.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Android forum members could be saying?

Advertisement

2. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    Check under the lockscreen settings.
    Should be there.

3. a cooperator

Nov 11, 2014
    Thanks a lot,
    I have tried that, but I was given only four-digit password into which I can enter PW.
    Screenshot_2017-08-24-05-52-59.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-24-05-53-15.png

However, when tried entering a new PW, hoping to change existing PW. However, when doing that, I was given error "incorrect PW". However, when entering the existing PW, the four-digit PW was setup, but I haven't done anything since I had had that four-digit PW which I originally want to remove. The one exiting PW is still active. (Wasn't changed).
    Moreover, after typing PW in the four-digit field about two times, I was given a forgotten PW option, which is only reset phone to factory settings.
    Screenshot_2017-08-24-06-05-48.png

#3 a cooperator, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  4. Part of the way

None

Mar 14, 2017
    Hi all! I have Samsung gallaxy s7 edge. I have the nougat 7.0 firmware update already for like 4 months? And I know that nougat 7.1.1 and 7.1.2 isnt available for s7 edge yet? But still when I "check" for updates I always get this error message in picture below. And yes I do know that people are getting a similar message when trying to connect to WiFi on s7 edge? But I have no problems connecting to WiFi? Its "only" when I try to check for firmware updates? So I would appreciate it if someone here can help me? Or if someone can "guide me" to where to get help with this issue im having? Thanks!

Attached Files:

5. a cooperator

Nov 11, 2014
    Hi,
    I think it would have been more helpful if you had started off in your own thread with raising your issue.

6. Part of the way

None

Mar 14, 2017
    Well I did try to start a "new thread"? But when I tried to post the picture of the error message I posted in my question? I couldn't figure how to have the picture post in the thread I tried to start? Thanks!

7. Rachael Alice

Rachael Alice Member
    None

Jul 14, 2017
    Female
    Android developer
    India
    Your solution is in the setting menu. where option avail for enable/disable password.

8. a cooperator

Nov 11, 2014
    Hi, you mean with you didn't figure out how to put the photo of error message you've been receiving as inline/thumbnail in this forum. If so, be sure that you're logged in your Android forum account, and then try to "upload a file" to shown below, if not, click on more options, and then once uploaded, click insert as a thumbnail.

#8 a cooperator, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  9. a cooperator

Nov 11, 2014
    I don't think you understand me well. There is no option to disable or enable password once it was setup.
    Password security.png

I tried clicking on unlock password. But I was given only four-digit password into which I can enter PW.
    • [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

However, when tried entering a new PW, hoping to change existing PW. However, when doing that, I was given error "incorrect PW". However, when entering the existing PW, the four-digit PW was setup, but I haven't done anything since I had had that four-digit PW which I originally want to remove. The one exiting PW is still active. (Wasn't changed).
      Moreover, after typing PW in the four-digit field about two times, I was given a forgotten PW option, which is only reset phone to factory settings.
      [​IMG]

#9 a cooperator, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017