• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to remove old printer from list in printer service?

RodBarnes

Dec 18, 2009
Using Samsung S10+, Android 12, "Default Print Service".

I've replaced my printer but it continues to bring up the old printer first (even though it is no longer on the network. I have to always go and select the new printer.

How do I remove printers that are no longer accessible?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I think I fixed mine, but the solution is so twisted that I suspect it won't work for most people. Its a Samsung phone.

First, Samsung or somebody moved the printer menu. GRRRR. Its now connections->more connection settings->printing. I see someone went to the Microsoft school of user interface design.

I had two printer services, the default and xerox, which is the brand of printer. The dead printers were under the default. I tried to find a "clear printers" menu under the three dots there, but could not. The xerox did have that. The solution was to turn off the default printer service.

I notice it STILL says "printer not available right now", but if you wait, the printer comes up. It now only shows the active printer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones