• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to remove small contact picture in text message app

tonmarchelli

Nov 22, 2009
does anybody know how to get rid of the contact picture beside each message in the messaging app? not necessarily the one on the main messaging screen but once you go into each individual conversation. I usually don't assign pictures to my contacts and the small smiley face next to each message is driving me crazy.

thanks for the input.

does anybody know how to get rid of the contact picture beside each message in the messaging app? not necessarily the one on the main messaging screen but once you go into each individual conversation. I usually don't assign pictures to my contacts and the small smiley face next to each message is driving me crazy.

thanks for the input.

I don't have contact pictures in messaging app. I haven't changed any settings too

Upvote 0
The only way would be to replace with custom image through Gmail/Contacts or on the device. While I understand it might be time consuming if you happen to have hundreds of them, I think it's worth the effort. I for one, get photos of my contacts from G+ or Facebook, and turn them all into black and white, keeping my messaging up all neat and clean looking.

You could always try 3rd party app, like:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.contapps.android&hl=en

I haven't use it, but it seem like a good looking app, with lots of settings and features.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones