1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to remove this thing on my homepage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mydoona, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Mydoona

Mydoona Newbie
    None

Jan 4, 2013
    Male
    Australia
    This might sound dumb but on my main screen there is a round blue button that you can move around the screen and when you tap it is has apps in it (it sits along the bottom or top or sides of the phone), I am not sure what its called but I dont use it and want to remove it but haven't found a way to as yet....HELP :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    SoCal
    You long press the back button to make the blue tab appear or disappear. In the drop down notifications there should be an icon called multi window that will disable it located on the far right.

Welcome to Android Forums. :D

excav8ter likes this.
  3. Mydoona

Mydoona Newbie
    None

Jan 4, 2013
    Male
    Australia
    OMG....that was SO simple, I feel REALLY stupid now ;)

4. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 11, 2012
    LOL. Many of us in Canada have been holding our breath waiting for the update to enable this feature, and here you are trying your darndest to get rid of it.

5. diverdude7

diverdude7 Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2013
    Male
    College Teacher
    Guangzhou, China
    I also have it on my Note II,,, but I am not certain what it's use is ? I mean, why do u use it ? what does it do ?

6. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    SoCal
  7. DemDog

DemDog Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    If you want to disable the Multi Window go into Settings, Display and the 3rd option down from the top should be Multi Window. Simply uncheck that and the Multi Window feature will be disabled. If you want to enable it again simply do the same but this time check the Multi Window box.

I have a VZW GN2 and have not found much use for this feature. I don't surf the web on it much at all and can't see me doing much multi-tasking until I am able to put Gmail and some other apps on the Multi Window bar.

Edit: Just remembered that you can disable the Multi Window feature much easier than what I described above. Simply pull down on the notification bar at the top of your screen and scroll all the way to the right. The last option is Mult Window. Just press on that icon and MW is enabled or disabled according to your wishes.

8. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2012
    SoCal
    For the longest time I tried not to update on my AT&T so I don't have it. But then finally AT&T pushed it to my phone. I disabled it immediately. I don't like multitasking even on a 26" display, let alone a 5.3" one. :p I maximize all my windows and do only 1 thing at a time. :p