• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to remove voicemail notifications

having trouble removing the voicemail notification on my mytouch its startin to annyo me when my phone is locked it says new voicemail and a number but when i call and everythiing i dont have messages and the notification still thier can anyopne help?

try sliding down on your home screen.
there should be a button that says clear something something.

anyways, i would call tmobile and ask them to turn on visual voicemail.

Its free, and if you dont have it, you can download it.

You might just need to restart your phone though for your problem. if nothing works, tell me, i have another idea.

Upvote 0
well heres my other idea.

go to a blank homescreen,

press anywhere and hold it.

Then a menu will pop up, click on widgets.

Scroll down and find the power control widget.

now you will have a strip of icons, some icons should have a green line underneath.

Make sure that the second to the last icon has a green line underneath. That is your sync icon. It should look like a circle with two arrows in it going in a circle.

Upvote 0
thanks alot for the tips that was the 1st thing i did with the clear notification but still thier i cant get it to remove its crazy anyone have any other ideas that might work thanks alot tho for trying to help me out man really appreciate it

I had this same problem, you have to call t-mobile, ask for tech support. Tech support will completely remove voice mail service from your account, then add it back on, this will solve the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones