1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to Repair LG870 Boot Loop Using Apple MacMini or Samsung Chromebook Laptop?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LG870 Boot Loop, Mar 23, 2016.

1. LG870 Boot Loop

None

Mar 23, 2016
    Graphic and Web Designer
    Chicago IL USA
    My phone is stuck in a "Boot Loop" and all I see is the Boost Mobile animation and 4GLTE logo in a continuous loop. My only recall of what I was doing before this happened is I was making a backup of my photos and videos to an external hard drive connected to my MacMini (I backup often so I have most all my device content saved). After that I turned the phone on and it began the Boot Loop. My phone is not rooted, it is "as is" from the carrier, no mods or anything. I have reset the phone and wiped all the data and cache using recovery mode. I have not done anything else yet.

I have researched this online and all I found were solutions for:
    • Phones that are "Rooted"
    • Users on Windows PCs
    I am:
    • Using a MacMini Computer (I have a Samsung Chromebook Laptop also, not sure if this can be used for repair or not?)
    • My LG870 is in great condition (no damage, in protective case with screen shield)
    • I do not have access to a Windows PC
    • I have MicroSD Card I can load file on and insert into LG870
    With that being said, is there any way I can repair my LG870 using my MacMini or Chromebook? If so, can someone direct me to where I can find this information.

Thanks!

Dante:)

Advertisement