• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to replace 2.2.1 with 2.2.2 messaging

Sure you can. Just delete Mms.apk and then restore that one. There are several ways to do this.

Using Root Explore (or equivalent) navigate to /System/app and delete Mms.apk, then restore

Using ADB

adb shell
rm -r -f system/app/Mms.apk

I know you can do it using Titanium Backup somehow, but i haven't done that method.

What's adb shell? I have heard of it but never got a use of it. Is it using the cmnd proompt?? And instead of using adb can't I just use TIB??

Upvote 0
can someone post the apk for the mms.apk from 2.2.2 in flashable format?? i have been having REAALLY ANNOOYING issues with not receiving or not sending texts at random. both my wife and I run velocity with the stock app from 2.2.1 and we both have the same problems. seriously need a fix. PLEASE!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones