1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to replace CWM with TWRP?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkgiants, Aug 4, 2017.

1. darkgiants

darkgiants Lurker

I accidently flashed CWM onto my LG L70, as I really needed TWRP instead. I have tried numerous amounts of things to get this to work but I am still puzzled and not sure how to do this correctly. Can someone please help me, or explain how I can replace CWM with TWRP? The reason why I want to do this is because I have a very outdated version of CWM, and I'd like to install LineageOS as it'd also allow me to recognize my SIM card.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

How did you install CWM? And what have you already tried (to save people repeating things you've already attempted)?

If you have an unlocked bootloader you should be able to fastboot flash a recovery image (I've no experience with this phone, but that's a generic procedure). The important thing is that the TWRP image must be one that's built for your model of phone - flash a recovery built for a different model and very bad things can happen.

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews