1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to reset default sms app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Gobsheen, May 17, 2011.

1. Gobsheen

Gobsheen Lurker

Hi,
    I use the standard text messaging app for sending UK sms messages, and the WebSMS app to send sms messages outside the UK.
    When I hit the text button in a contact, I would be asked which sms app to use. I made the mistake of hitting the 'use as default' (or whatever it said!). Now, I'm not given the option. My fault, I know. Can anyone tell me how get the option back?

Thanks.

I'm using a 2.1 Motorola Defy.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Go into your Settings, then Applications, and go to Manage Applications. Find your default Text app (depending on device and whatnot, it's named different things. Should be able to find it tho). Once there, click the app, and go down to Clear Defaults, and it should go back to prompting you again.

3. Gobsheen

Gobsheen Lurker

Thanks for the response. I think it's bang on but I cannot find the regular text app at all. I tried loads but none appear to have defaults at all.
    Anyone have a suggestion? Might be a Motorola specific app? It's a 2.1 Defy, btw.

4. Gobsheen

Gobsheen Lurker

Bump! This ones really bugging me!

5. spotpro

spotpro Lurker

I accidentally loaded a wallpaper app that i cant find under my apps list now and its really bugging me ... is there a way to set the phone back to factory settings? like a soft or hard reset?