• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To: Restore Apps after upgrading to Fresh 2.1.1

DrkDragon

Feb 11, 2010
Okay,

I was running Fresh 1.1+Gumbo and decided to take the plunge. I made my nandroid backup, and backed up all my apps+system files with Titanium Backup and then flashed to Fresh 2.1.1.

My question now is, how do I restore all my apps that I backed up. Do I just re-install the app from the market? And then use that to restore my old apps?

Any help would be appreciated. Also... how do I enabe apps2sd in 2.1.1 in the notes, flipz stated it's turned off by default. I'd like to turn that on. I like me lots of apps, and would rather have them on my SD card.

Thanks in advance!

Yup, Thanks for all the help! It was the cache that wasn't being moved. In misunderstood the instructions.

Well, I've got it all going for me... mostly.

I can't seem to get LWPapers going. Plus, I like the HTC bottom bar, not the espresso version.

I also don't seem to be synching up w/ facebook for my Contacts. I was planning on disabling the auto synching, but only after all the FB pics loaded into my contacts, so I can see the faces of my contacts :p.

What else am I missing? Hmm... Oh, Does anyone know how to set a city in the weather app, that is a non standard city? In 1.5, and Fresh 1.1 I could type in the name of the city, or use Google Maps to mark the location and I could select it in the HTC Weather app.

And question, was automatic updates in the Market, for Froyo 2.2 or Eclair 2.1. I forget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones