• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Restore from Backup?

I just downloaded the new update for my HTC desire.
When starting the phone after that, it asked me if I want to restore my settings and I mistakenly clicked no.

Now all my settings are gone :mad: and I dunno how to restore from SD again. I searched the web a lot, but did not find anything helpful really.

How can I restore the backup which was automatically taken to SD before I installed this update?

Bumping this old thread since there was no answer and I'm having the same problem. However I don't remember being asked if I want to restore my settings.. maybe I just missed it...
I still have the backup I made on my PC so I can copy the files to the SD card again if necessary... anyone knows how to restore it? I can perform a factory reset if that would help.
edit: maybe I didn't get the restore option because my phone was rooted? (I unrooted it now and installed froyo)

Upvote 0
Also bumping this one to the top as there was never an answer.

I notice my SMS folder contains some hidden files (4KB) in SD Card/backups/sem/SMS/ - after Froyo update and Mybackup Pro not restoring my SMS properly, my last chance is restoring from this folder.

and @IO3: I doubt the rooting thing makes a difference, I am unrooted with Froyo and can't get any option to restore the backups made on the phone. :-/

Any help much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones