1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

How to Restore from Backup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MohammadAmiry, Jul 9, 2010.

1. MohammadAmiry

MohammadAmiry New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I just downloaded the new update for my HTC desire.
    When starting the phone after that, it asked me if I want to restore my settings and I mistakenly clicked no.

Now all my settings are gone :mad: and I dunno how to restore from SD again. I searched the web a lot, but did not find anything helpful really.

How can I restore the backup which was automatically taken to SD before I installed this update?

Advertisement

2. IO3

IO3 Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Bumping this old thread since there was no answer and I'm having the same problem. However I don't remember being asked if I want to restore my settings.. maybe I just missed it...
    I still have the backup I made on my PC so I can copy the files to the SD card again if necessary... anyone knows how to restore it? I can perform a factory reset if that would help.
    edit: maybe I didn't get the restore option because my phone was rooted? (I unrooted it now and installed froyo)

3. DroidPete

DroidPete Active Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Also bumping this one to the top as there was never an answer.

I notice my SMS folder contains some hidden files (4KB) in SD Card/backups/sem/SMS/ - after Froyo update and Mybackup Pro not restoring my SMS properly, my last chance is restoring from this folder.

and @IO3: I doubt the rooting thing makes a difference, I am unrooted with Froyo and can't get any option to restore the backups made on the phone. :-/

Any help much appreciated.

Tags: