• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to restore handcent after hard reset

mickskillz

Mar 20, 2010
Does anybody know if its possible to restore handcent settings after a hard reset? I have the handcent files on my memory card and was wondering if i can somehow restore those after reinstalling handcent? I had each person set up and thousands of messages saved. Any help greatly appreciated

Does anybody know if its possible to restore handcent settings after a hard reset? I have the handcent files on my memory card and was wondering if i can somehow restore those after reinstalling handcent? I had each person set up and thousands of messages saved. Any help greatly appreciated

I don't know if you can... there's a lot of apps out there for saving your SMS/MMS to your SD so I would assume that Handcent itself doesn't store copies. Were you using anything like My Backup Pro or Sprite? Those should've backed up all your texts as long as you chose them to be backed up.

If you weren't backing them up like that, I suggest you do in the future to save from this happening again :)

Good luck!

Upvote 0
as far as settings go, no.

but for sms backup, I use "sms backup & restore" by sitesh rahu. saves all messages to sd card, and you can set a schedule. I was able to restore all my sms after a reset.

now, if only handcent would allow a settings backup, that would be awesome...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones