1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root how to restore mikfroyo 4.5 notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mecampo, Feb 21, 2011.

1. mecampo

mecampo Well-Known Member

i flashed the vanilla lock screen and lost the stock mikfroyo 4.5 notification. its the transparent notification with andy on the lower left hand side :(

please advise.

thanks.

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Which vanilla lock screen did you flash? Is the the port from CM that includes the rotary lock screen? If so, that mod is done through a framework update, and is based on stock. That's most likely what happened. In any case, Mikfroyo 4.5 already includes this, but it is "hidden" by the HTC lock screen. What you need to do is take the ROM back to where it started. Do you have a recent nandroid backup? If you'll lose too much by restoring one, you'll need to reflash the ROM without wiping data. You'll lose all other mods and/or a custom kernel, but it shouldn't be too hard to reflash those. Once you've done that, you should have the HTC lock screen back. Just remove or rename HtcLockScreen.apk in /system/app. Once you do, you'll have the vanilla lock screen and your notification panel will be back to the way it was.

mecampo likes this.
  3. mecampo

This one, http://logika.net/downloads/evo/vanilla/lockscreens_vanilla_sense_v2.zip, what i did is flash the transparent notification from mik's mods,MikFroYo-4.5-TransparentNotificationBar-DefaultTheme-signed.zip, and all are set as i wanted it to be :).

thanks

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

So, did you get it fixed, then?

5. mecampo

yes i did, i just need to download zip files back and forth here and in xda :)

Tags: