• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Restore Phone With DL Mode.

JGrosstephanJR

I'm too cool for this.
May 13, 2013
Somewhere, US
Hello Many People Including Me Had Got Status 2 When Restoring, Well I Found A New Way To Fix Your Phone. A Few Notes Are Be At 100% Battery; Don't Delete Any Files They Are All Important; and All antivirus, firewalls, etc should be off. Nothing running but the lg flash tool! Download Files From Asmugone Here.

1. Unpack RAR

2. Install both LG Flash Tool & LG Mobile Drivers

3. Take megalock.dll (From Here) and drop it in the flash tool directory [C:\LG\LGFlashTool] overwriting the file inside.

4. Launch the program [First Time It Makes You Select A Mode Pick The Third] and click manually select dll.

5. Select the dll included.

6. Select the .tot file included.

7. At the bottom click Board DL, then click ok.

8. Turn phone all the way off. Plug usb cord into phone, then into computer as soon as you plug it in press Volume Up.

10. Go to device manager [PC Application] and under com ports select the new lg device and double click.

11. Click the tab Port Settings, click advanced. Click COM Port and set port to 41. If already in use say ok anyway.

12. In lg flash tool click the arrow in the top left corner to run md5 check.

13. It will finish and say ready. Hold the power button till black screen then hold Volume Up.

14. After a few seconds it will start flashing the device.

15. When booting into Mini OS you'll notice it is a menu. All you have to do is hold power and click Normal Boot then OK.

There You Go That Is How To Restore Your LG Volt [Any Carrier]. Note You Will Have To To A PRL Update, Also Donate To Asmugone Because He Got The Files.

Well, this didn't work how the instructions stated, but my phone is back up again! YAY! :)
First, the DLL and/or tot file in the download did not work at all. Ran with the other DLL and tot file but in BOARD_DL mode and it just rebooted as normal. I had asked about the BOARD_DL mode before, but no one answered me. I guess I was on to something afterall. Nice work. :)

Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0
Well, this didn't work how the instructions stated, but my phone is back up again! YAY! :)
First, the DLL and/or tot file in the download did not work at all. Ran with the other DLL and tot file but in BOARD_DL mode and it just rebooted as normal. I had asked about the BOARD_DL mode before, but no one answered me. I guess I was on to something afterall. Nice work. :)
Thanks Well I'm Fixing The Download File.

Upvote 0
I saw that post and tried it since my phone was already bricked.

Upvote 0
Hahaha YES!!! It worked. My phone is no longer bricked!
I'm on virgin mobile and after first non branded boot everything vm is back including boot animations. So happy now.

Not sure if it was board_dl that did it or the fact that mini os had that internal menu to reboot with as I recall nothing about it in asmugon's thread.

It seems to be the board dl mode that triggers the menu. I got some other factory data reset menu to come up using asmugone's method, but that only worked once, and I even have a hard time getting it to come up on a consistent basis.

I had asked about the board dl mode but didn't try it for concern of really messing something up. Glad someone had the balls to try it!

Upvote 0
Yes, i have successfuly used this method and i can confirm that it does work. I soft bricked my phone using boot animations root and stupidly tried to use a tablet animation at boot and my Volt couldn't boot past it. I downloaded the files right from here and used my PC running windows 7 to do it, i did it in one try. And using board DL mode was what i had to use too, I decided i would try it instead of waiting for weeks to get my Volt back from boost LOL. I really really want to help in the development of this phone, let me know what i can do!

Reactions: Gendo420
Upvote 0
Yes, i have successfuly used this method and i can confirm that it does work. I soft bricked my phone using boot animations root and stupidly tried to use a tablet animation at boot and my Volt couldn't boot past it. I downloaded the files right from here and used my PC running windows 7 to do it, i did it in one try. And using board DL mode was what i had to use too, I decided i would try it instead of waiting for weeks to get my Volt back from boost LOL. I really really want to help in the development of this phone, let me know what i can do!

what is the board_DL mode exactly? Is it an option that you can select on the phone when you put it in download mode?

Upvote 0
ok so not to be a pain in the ass. I just want to make sure I am 100% clear before i commit to do this! are these the proper driversfor this phone? I had the drivers for the lg optimus f3 already but someone said get the ones for the lgg3 so i found these as there wasnt a link posted for them anywhere in this thread. Download the latest version of LG G3 USB drivers for all variants | AndroMods

Upvote 0
The drivers i listed above work, and the guide at the op of this thread works exactly as it says it does. Thanks to all that have made this possible!!!!! I tend to over analize things to death before i make commitments to go forward lol

Better that than brick your phone! Especially since we're in the early stages of development here and don't even really have a proper recovery. :)

Upvote 0
If anyone cares to test an Unbrick img.
Created using Shabbypenguin's Unbrick-Creator posted here ShabbyPenguin
Unbrick.img link- Taken down for now, not confirmed working

flash in recovery, it will make /sdcard/unbrick_files in there will be a ~50Mb file, unzip that to get teh full 200MB image dump. write that to an sdcard using dd or winimage32. tada you have an unbrick image for this device. same technique works on just about every qualcomm device since the sgs3.
If anyone decides to test this, please post back...

Upvote 0
Ok, so I'm trying to follow the instructions, and I'm having trouble at the very beginning.

I downloaded the files from the threat in the OP's link.
I installed the LG software onto my PC.
I tried running it, selected the 3rd option, and then it asked me for a login and I didn't know what to do.

I noticed the directions said to put the megalock.dll into the LGFlashTool folder, but the download RAR I got doesn't have a megalock.dll. It has another dll file.

I then tried renaming that dll to megalock.dll and replacing the file, and then running the software, but then I get a "megalock not found" error and afterwards it asks me to login again.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: When the default megalock.dll is there, I get a different error saying that the LG Key wasnt found

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones