• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to restore rooted galaxy s2 stuck on boot screen?

xGazzAx

Lurker
Mar 6, 2016
Any help would be appreciated

I rooted by Samsung Galaxy s2 around a year ago, everything had worked fine since. I decided to do a factory reset yesterday as the battery has been draining quite quickly recently and I had already tried a new battery which didn't help.

I went into the normal settings to do the reboot, but when the phone turned back on its stuck on the yellow triangle warning screen that it always turned on with when it was rooted before.

I have tried the power menu and volume up trick to hard reset but it doesn't work, and just sits on the same screen. The only other screen I can get onto is power menu and volume down to get into download mode.

My galaxy is a UK Orange version. I think If I found the right stock firmware I could maybe get it working, but every article I find links me to Samsung-updates and the link for what I need doesn't work. I guess having an old phone sucks. Any ideas?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones