• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to retry message?

Hi,

I tried to send a multimedia message this morning and I got a notification saying that the message failed. When I view the report it says "Pending...", how to I make the phone retry sending without having to compose the message all over again?

Thanks

Try long press on the open message, view the error report then Menu > resend. That's how it works with the ChompSMS app, other apps may be slightly different.

Upvote 0
I am just using the default message app that came with the phone. (On the 2.2 update)

Holding down on the message brings up a menu:

View slideshow
Save picture
Forward
View message details
Delete message
View report
Lock message

View message details and view report both just bring up dialog boxes with an ok button. (Menu button does nothing here)

The phone has impressed me up to this point, but I have to say this is a very basic piece of functionality to be this hard to find, or ommitted altogether!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hmmmmm..... So you can long press on the failed message, view the error report and there's no option to try sending again? If that's what's happening to you, them I'm not sure what to try next. Is this the first time you've sent an MMS? First time after getting 2.2 maybe? Could be your MMS message centre number needs updating, maybe worth a call to the network to see if they can send a service text to reset your message centre numbers just in case.

As I said above, I use ChompSMS and sometimes get failed text message send because the signal is sometimes poor in my house. When I view the error report it gives me the option to try sending again. Maybe consider trying Chomp or Handcent as an alternative message app, both can be customised and have a few more features not found in the stock message app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones