1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to revert to "Recovery <2e> Mode"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by avenuePad, May 30, 2011.

1. avenuePad

avenuePad Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    OK. So, I finally took the plunge and rooted my phone with the hope of flashing the Voodoo lag fix. However, when I get into Clockwork Recovery I can't seem to install the update.zip, and instead get an error message indicating a "signature fail".

I have searched around for a solution to this issue and some have suggested that it's because the Telus Fascinate has <3e> Recovery, which will cause the signature errors when you try and flash an update.zip file.

Odin won't seem to work for me either. I keep getting "check image file" messages when I try and flash something.

I have come across this site, which clued me into that I needed <2e> Recovery. That site then links to this thread, but the Telus build (TLJL3) doesn't seem to be present on that page - unless I just missed it in plain site. I've been at this for hours on end. lol. :eek: In any case, this solution wouldn't be much help to me, since I can't seem to get Odin to work for me either. heh

Anyway, I would appreciate any help in getting clockwork recovery working properly. Even some help with what could be causing that Odin "check image file" error message would also be appreciated. :)

Advertisement

2. landoyo

landoyo Newbie
    None

May 12, 2011
  3. avenuePad

avenuePad Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hmmm...I'm still getting the "signature fail" message. I even tried to rename the file to "update.zip" (Should I be doing that, anyway?), but no luck. I'm assuming you didn't have trouble with this 3e/2e clockwork stuff?

This is all good, though. I'm getting more and more familiar with my phone and all the modding techniques. I still feel like a n00b extraordinaire, but all in good time. All this mucking with my phone and no brick, yet. lol. :D

4. landoyo

landoyo Newbie
    None

May 12, 2011
    3e/2e are the Samsung recovery modes. 3e will not accept any unsigned zip files. 2e will. I'm sure one of the TLJ3 roms in that Telus Guide thread will change the recovery mode from 3e to 2e. Once that happens you should be able to flash CWM from ROM Manager. Do a search for Telus Fascinate in the Fascinate forum on XDA. I found all the answers in there to get me started. I ran that stock TLJ3 with Voodoo and CWM for a few weeks before moving over to CM7.

The key is make sure that "Telus" is in the thread title. If you accidentally flash a Verizon Fascinate rom, you'll probably brick your phone.

avenuePad likes this.