• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to revert to stock, so I can download the 2.2 OTA?

NickBaragona

Feb 6, 2010
I know I procrastinated, but I installed the leaked 2.2 months back, and never reverted back to stock, to get the OTA 2.2 Verizon sent out. Is it too late? If I revert back to stock, will I still be able to download the official OTA 2.2? Is there any difference over the one I have? Thanks in advance!

- open a terminal app

- you should see a $ symbol, do the following (type each line exactly as written after the "-" but do not type what is in the parenthesis)

- su (give a minute to ask for Superuser Permission. If it doesn't ask, go into Superuser Permissions and grant access to your Terminal Emulator and go back and retry this step)

- now you should see a # symbol (after each of the following steps is processed, you will see a #)

- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

- rm /system/app/Superuser.apk

- rm /system/bin/su

- rm /system/bin/busybox

- mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

- reboot

Upvote 0
its worth it. i also had leaked 2.2, and downgraded to 2.1, and took 2.2 OTA update.

1) if ure on leaked 2.2, download 2.1 SBF from rootzwiki
2) SBF back to 2.1
3) you should have clean stock 2.1 now. go to system update and perform OTA 2.2 update
4) if phone goes into endless reboot cycle, go into recovery mode and delete cache/data.

required software to sbf
- SBF file
- RSD Lite 4.8 or 4.9
- Motorola drivers (droid x moto driver, should come with the phone i believe, otherwise, google and download)

you need to go to bootloader recovery mode. do it by holding camera button, vol -, and power button at same time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones