• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to rewind?

slamtry

Lurker
Sep 15, 2018
Is there a way in Play Music (I am on Marshmallow, BTW) to have the music go back about 10 or 15 seconds? I use it to take various lessons and I would often like to be able to have it replay the last question or the last piece of information. I don't need to be able to rewind a precise amount. I would just like an icon that rewinds it about ten or fifteen seconds, so I could hit it more than once if necessary. The stupid thumbs up and down icons are completely pointless but the one thing I need does not seem to be there. I feel as though once before I found an icon that let me do what I want but now I cannot see it. Maybe it went away with some update.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
The playlist tab has a thumbs up playlist. So you can listen to songs you like. And make your own playlists from those songs. And choose what songs you will want to buy/keep forever. It also helps Google suggest music you like and avoid what you don't like.

Hold the little play header (red line at the bottom of the album art) and you can scrub to the part you want.
But I guess a couple more buttons wouldn't hurt for those who want it.

Upvote 0
Dragging the little line back to the left does not work because it is not accurate enough. The difference between dragging it 3/8 of an inch on the screen and 7/16 can mean several minutes difference in the track I am playing.

And I don't need a thumbs up playlist. I play the music I like when I like it and I already know the music I like because, err, it's me that likes it. It seems extraordinary to me that the one simple thing that a CD player would have and even an old 20th century tape recorder would have is not on there. How hopeless. Now I guess I need to find an app to do the job instead of the useless native app. No wonder everyone I see is using an iphone. I don't want to get sucked into the Mac ecosystem but I am beginning to see why it's so successful.

Upvote 0
How do I rewind?… ..I improvise old skool. TGF Duck-Tape!

REWIND.jpg

Upvote 0
Here's a link to Jetaudio player
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jetappfactory.jetaudio&hl=en_GB

Its free.. but you can unlock the advanced features for a small fee... .

you can set the buttons on the FFW and Rewind so you can set the amount of time you skip... If i'm listening to podcasts I like to be able to skip in 3min chunks forward, and 1 min backwards....

If i'm listening to a script.. then i like to be able to skip back in 30s chunks... until i can remember it all....

I also like the variable play speeds.... which it can do without making anything sound like a chipmunk..

And of course there are a wide range of audio plugins etc.. which i can tweak... there are a couple of headphones i have that sound really harsh until you change the equalizer...

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones