1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to root a mobile with Android 7.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gaurav Mangal, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Gaurav Mangal

Gaurav Mangal Lurker

@How to root a phone using android 7.0 version inside the phone . so please guide me link as well.

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It depends on the phone model. These things always do.

If someone has produced a custom recovery for this phone and the bootloader is unlockable then you should be able to use the generic approach of unlocking the bootloader, flashing the recovery, use recovery to back up your OS (important in case the actual rooting goes wrong) then use the recovery to install a superuser package (or see whether you can make magisk work on it).

Otherwise it may be difficult, and the method, if there is one at all, will probably be specific to the phone model.

3. Gaurav Mangal

Gaurav Mangal Lurker

how to bootloader unlock in my device in android 7.0

4. Hadron

VIP Member

Has anyone developed a custom recovery for it? If not then you'll gain nothing by unlocking the bootloader (which will probably factory reset your phone in the process), so I'd try to find that out first.

You need a computer and an application called fastboot to unlock the bootloader, if yours is unlockable. Precise commands vary a bit between phones ("fastboot oem unlock" is the general approach, but as I say it does vary). Some want other inputs (HTC want an unlocking token, which you obtain from them), Pixels just need to you turn the option on (in the developer options settings, which are hidden by default). Many manufacturers do not allow bootloader unlocking at all. So it does depend on the phone, and as I've never heard of your phone's manufacturer, never mind the specific phone, I'm afraid I don't know in this case. But maybe there's something here that will help you investigate this further.

5. Gaurav Mangal

Gaurav Mangal Lurker

I m trying using as commands and trying lot of search more. but not find exact solutions . for rooting the device android 7.0 . so please use command for the waiiting message in below screen shot.

. but developer options OEM enable bootloder.

Attached Files:

6. Hadron

VIP Member

"Waiting for device" suggests to me that your phone isn't responding to the command.

I presume you checked whether it was communicating with fastboot first ("fastboot devices" should return the serial number of the phone - if that doesn't work no other fastboot command will). If it does respond correctly to that command then I suspect that your phone doesn't support bootloader unlocking, or else you need to do something else to enable it.

#6 Hadron, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Dannydet likes this.
  7. Gaurav Mangal

Gaurav Mangal Lurker

Please be show all the message but device is not root and waiting error message show . please help me

Attached Files:

8. Hadron

VIP Member

OK, you used "adb devices" rather than "fastboot devices", so didn't confirm that fastboot is working. But the fact that it says "waiting for device" rather than "no device found" makes me think that it probably is communicating with fastboot. Would still be good to confirm, using e.g. "fastboot devices" or "fastboot getvar all".

But if fastboot is working and you are getting no response that may well mean that your bootloader just doesn't accept those commands. In which case there's nothing you can do to make it accept them.

Is there a custom recovery for your device? If there isn't then unlocking the bootloader won't help you anyway. You cannot use a recovery built for a different device: you are likely to render your device unusable if you try.

Dannydet likes this.

Astra NXT 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews