1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HOW TO ROOT AND REMOVE BLOATWARE METRO 2.2.2 Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mdside71, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Alye

Alye Newbie

Since Titanium Backup seems to not work with 2.2.2, can somebody teach me how to use Root Explorer 2.16 to remove garbage like Uno, Top Games, Pocket Express, etc?

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

3. dbradford32

dbradford32 Member

I want to remove all my bloatwares, but don't want to pay for all these seperate apps, what do I do?! I tried to figure out playful god's thing, and downloaded the free version of CWM... It didn't work. HELP!

4. pcdebb

pcdebb Android Enthusiast

5. AndrewAndroid

AndrewAndroid Lurker

Root explorer 2.16 worked perfect for me. all the metro bloat gone from my hauwei ascend 2.2.2.
    r/w is the key

savetheknot likes this.
  6. AndrewAndroid

AndrewAndroid Lurker

where do u get the cool avatar??

7. pcdebb

pcdebb Android Enthusiast

who are you asking?

8. AndrewAndroid

AndrewAndroid Lurker

anyone with a cool avatar - thx

9. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

If your asking how to assign an avatar click on "user cp" in the blue bar at top left of the screen.

10. Gingerbreak and z4root don't seem to be working any longer for MertoPCS Huawei Ascend. I returned mine to stock, then downloaded the 2.2 upgrade (I already found out z4root won't root the 2.2 upgrade). I have clockworkmod downloaded and my sd card formatted. I figured the next logical step would be to root the phone and back up with titanium, however, I can't seem to get Gingerbreak (any of the builds) to work. I have used this before, has something changed, and is there a work around?

Humble Thank you's in advance,
    Trin