• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How to] ROOT & CWM for Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 JB 4.1.2 (Easy Root)

You don't need it. Not unless you wanna install a custom ROM and those often come with CWM recovery

Right now I don`t think I want to install a custom ROM, I need alot of reading and searching. But the temptation to do it pretty much strong :D. I can`t say I`m happy with performance of stock Jelly Bean. It needs tweaks and greenify to make it smooth and battery friendly.

Thank you for your reply
Cheers :beer:

Upvote 0
Right now I don`t think I want to install a custom ROM, I need alot of reading and searching. But the temptation to do it pretty much strong :D. I can`t say I`m happy with performance of stock Jelly Bean. It needs tweaks and greenify to make it smooth and battery friendly.

Thank you for your reply
Cheers :beer:

If you get tempted you can always check out my CyanogenMod thread. Though I plan on updating that eventually to show CM10.1.

For as long as you're on stock though you don't really need CWM.

Upvote 0
Hi there, this is my first post in this forum. Thank you for these awesome guides on SGA2. I`ve rooted my phone succesfully. But there`s one thing I want to ask, is there an easy way to install CWM permanently on SGA2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ?

Thank you in advance ;)

Welcome to the forum @Stingray_38.
Glad to know you find the guides helpful and successfully rooted your phone.

Best of luck to you

Upvote 0
I didn't created a new thread to share this since is not my work but is some incredible development for the android platform and is worth to be shared.
Is called XPOSED FRAMEWORK
And works with different modules compiled to customize the device to your own taste.
This pictures show some of the customizations I used on my phone:
zupehe3e.jpg
te9e3upa.jpg

Reactions: Stingray_38
Upvote 0
Hi henkelus,
The only difference between your device the (GT-I8160P) and the basic (GT-I8160) is only the (NFC).
So I think you shouldn't have any problem using this root method.
I didn't posted the (ME1) firmware on the topic only because I didn't received any feedback from any user so far. And also I have no way to test it myself.

Hi Smokey Mc Pot,
I've tried it on the GT-I8160P and it works. No problems. Thanks a lot :):):)

Reactions: Smokey Mc Pot
Upvote 0
Well... After reading your post I jumped to our neighbour forum (xda developer) to find out what it is. It seem too much for me considering free time is luxurious for me right now...

:D lol I agree.

It is very complicated to install a apk file and a apk module for any unexperienced user with no time to spare...

That is the most hilarious thing I read today.
Thank you

Upvote 0
:D lol I agree.

It is very complicated to install a apk file and a apk module for any unexperienced user with no time to spare...

That is the most hilarious thing I read today.
Thank you

It's kinda sad for me actually because I have a big enthusiasm in computer and smartphone (Android in this case). Work and family spend most of my time these days

Upvote 0
I didn't created a new thread to share this since is not my work but is some incredible development for the android platform and is worth to be shared.
Is called XPOSED FRAMEWORK
And works with different modules compiled to customize the device to your own taste.
This pictures show some of the customizations I used on my phone:
zupehe3e.jpg
te9e3upa.jpg

I'm curious about what modules you actually use. Some don't work as well as others and some aren't compatible with TouchWiz at all. Been playing with a few myself (back on stock firmware again for now) and I've been able to achieve transparent statusbar but it's not as good as yours.

Upvote 0
I'm curious about what modules you actually use. Some don't work as well as others and some aren't compatible with TouchWiz at all. Been playing with a few myself (back on stock firmware again for now) and I've been able to achieve transparent statusbar but it's not as good as yours.

:eek: I'm surprised you still have a working phone with the amount of flashing you claim that you are doing... WoW that really is impressive coming from someone that not so long ago made some crazy statements against flashing firmware with Odin. You really gone from one extreme to the other.

Seriously, Is not good doing that on the phone all the time!
The device was not designed to be used like that.
Remember that you are riding your luck every time you flash something on to your phone. And luck is like a lottery that don't last forever.

The xposed framework is supposed to work in any device and any kind of Rom (stock & custom).
But the modules are made by developers for different devices.
You need to read the label and description before you download to find out if that module is compatible with your device. As you need to remember that there are more devices to Android than just TouchWiz Roms.

In that picture I was using (Xblast Tools) on my crash test dummy GT-I8160.

But now I'm finally using the complete bad boy mega toy:

Upvote 0
Hi Smokey, your poison is so strong that I can't help my self not to try it. (I'm no blaming you thou lol)
Well, I installed xposed framework just to install voice call recording but to no avail. It doesn't do anything at all, no button for it, nothing. I currently use CM10.1 on my Ace 2. Do you have any idea why it's not working for me ? Thanks.

Upvote 0
@Stingray it could be that it only works with Touchwiz. Touchwiz uses a different dialer apk to the one used in Cyanogenmod. That's just a guess, don't take my word for it

Yeah I believe you're right. I just took a peak at our neighbour Android forum. Someone in there said that it would only works on Samsung Touchwiz because it's actually hidden feature in it. Voice call recorder module just enable it. It does nothing more than that. What a bummer !!
One more thing that I really miss from Touchwiz is the ability to personalizes SMS ring for each contact. Why CM team removed something which is good and working is beyond me...

Upvote 0
Hi Smokey, your poison is so strong that I can't help my self not to try it. (I'm no blaming you thou lol)
Well, I installed xposed framework just to install voice call recording but to no avail. It doesn't do anything at all, no button for it, nothing. I currently use CM10.1 on my Ace 2. Do you have any idea why it's not working for me ? Thanks.

Hi Stingray_38,
Sorry.

Yeah... that module works with the Samsung stock firmware.
It didn't work for you because CyanogenMod is a Minimalistic ROM and is stripped from many parts of the firmware...
But that is the reason why is fast.
I did noticed some xposed modules available in there for CyanogenMod Roms... is worth look around for that combo modules.
You never know.

Upvote 0
Yeah I believe you're right. I just took a peak at our neighbour Android forum. Someone in there said that it would only works on Samsung Touchwiz because it's actually hidden feature in it. Voice call recorder module just enable it. It does nothing more than that. What a bummer !!
One more thing that I really miss from Touchwiz is the ability to personalizes SMS ring for each contact. Why CM team removed something which is good and working is beyond me...

You have to think about what's more important to you. Speed and smoothness or features. The sms thing could possibly be achieved with a third party app if it's important to you. Personally I prefer to direct replies from sms notifications which is something touchwiz sms app doesn't have.

However, i wont say more about it here as i'm taking us off topic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones