1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root How to ROOT EB13 and change to EXT4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SurrealOne, Feb 23, 2011.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Android Expert

Advertisement

2. Hizorse

Hizorse Member

Is this only good if you have a rom that uses ext4 and not able to reload a back up of stock eb13?

3. SurrealOne

Nope this is for EB13 stock. and you will not loose anything if you ROOT this way

Hizorse likes this.
  4. Hizorse

Hizorse Member

Nice, I'll do it then, I was going to earlier but misread it thinking I had to have a EXT4 rom to load after doing this. Thanks for clearing that up.

I rooted using the old one click 2.5.1, can I go right over that with this root for cwm3?

5. SurrealOne

The more I read this the more I think I miss titled it. This will work to ROOT your Epic running stock EB13. But the file conversion part does not happen if you fallow the directions. And to be honest you do not want EXT 4 file system yet (no ROMS for EB13 EXT 4 yet) But it will install CWM 3.0.0.5/6 Just dont reboot your phone with the 3 finger method. If you do it will format your phone and convert it to EXT 4 and wipeout your EB13 Stock ROM.
    But it will get your phone ROOTED and ready for the new ROM's to come and also install CWM3.5/6

6. Hizorse

Hizorse Member

Yeah just found that out, although its probably because I didn't reflash my saved rom and went through with the dual kernel flash afterwords. Phone turned on, couldn't do much before it would lock up so I reflashed EB13, rooted and am waiting for a backup of a rom I had to restore now.

7. SurrealOne

yes this is just a good way to be ready for the ROMS to come.

8. yogi2000

yogi2000 Well-Known Member

deleted, lol.