1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support How to root Evo View with hboot 1.14.0005 ??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drive88mph, Feb 2, 2012.

1. drive88mph

drive88mph Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Is there a way to root a Htc Evo View with Honeycomb and hboot 1.14.0005 ??

the guy who sold me the tablet update it and now i cant find a solution for this

anyone has any idea on how i can downgrade or whatever to root?

Advertisement

2. serratusPI

serratusPI Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Xda devs have set up a pretty simple method for going back and forth from gb to hc. Just follow instructions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1418258

3. drive88mph

Oct 2, 2011
    thanks @serratusPI but it says that i cant use it if i have original HTC BOOT which i have because the guy who sold it had absolutely no idea what a custom rom was. He just used the regular update from HTC

4. serratusPI

serratusPI Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I would keep searching through that forum.I know they created a way for those who accepted the original hc ota update to downgrade back to gb, then get s-off via revolutionary, then basically have the ability to go back and forth at will. I'm not exactly sure the method because I never accepted the hc update, but I'm almost positive it can be done.

Edit: I think this is what you're looking for. It seems a bit complex, but it should get you back to gb, then you can run the s-off from there. Hope this helps, good luck!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1414137

drive88mph likes this.
  5. drive88mph

Oct 2, 2011
    Well i managed to root my Evo View using the method from htcdev.com ...now my question is, does this make the S:OFF ? or i need extra steps so i can freely install custom roms without problems?