• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Root Galaxy Gear

Blackout720

Aug 18, 2012
Earth
Easy How to Step by Step Guide on rooting the Samsung Galaxy Gear.

Simple all you need is as follows:
  • Samsung Galaxy Gear
  • Samsung Gear Dock
  • Micro USB Cable
  • Samsung Drivers
  • Cydia Impactor

Downlaods:
Samsung Drivers
Cydia Impactor

Video Instructions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTTHHEWkvlw

Step by Step Instructions:
  1. Plug in the device and let it install all the drivers it needs.
  2. Unzip the Cydia Impactor folder you just downloaded
  3. Open Impactor from the folder you just unzipped
  4. The default "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" is what you need
  5. Click start
  6. Let it Finish and they you go, you are now rooted. From what I know you don't need Superuser, but I could be wrong.

Still not sure if anybody had tried this or not, but for the life of me I can't get the watch to be seen by my pc when it is connected via usb.....I have the drivers installed as instructed and have usb debugging enabled as well, but nothing.........

I'm using a Windows 8 pc, not sure if that is it.

I'm gonna try this on an older computer......Wish me luck.

Upvote 0
Sorry about not getting back, nice to see you got it working. did you find what was wrong? People said that trying it on another computer worked for them cause of the Samsung drivers not installing properly on their computer.

No not really sure why to be honest with you......but it worked. I was going to do try it on another computer, but at the last second I decided to give it another go and it worked:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones