• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Root + Install Froyo On An HTC Desire

awesome stuff, cheers.
couple of slight problems :- force closes when i go to settings - sounds (and now as of 26/7) text messages. also i cant disable the moving backgrounds(that may be me not finding the right setting in settings)

again cheers for this as it was my first time and like others was hoping i didnt brick it

Upvote 0
If I root my phone, how do I return it to its factory state?

[HOWTO] Unroot your HTC Desire - Android @ MoDaCo

hi jammy,

how can i update the rom from adamg's site?

OpenDesire | HTC Desire community ROM based on AOSP • View topic - OpenDesire v2.3a

i noticed that the rom size is a lot smaller than the original one?

That is a stock Android ROM. It doesn't have Sense. If you want it, just apply it the same way you applied the one you are currently on.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
OK, total noob question here but I am in desperate need of help... I rooted my US Cellular HTC Desire sucessfully - [GUIDE] One Click How to Root the GSM & CDMA Desire with Unrevoked 3.21 - xda-developers , loaded the two zip files on my sd card and loaded the radio and the froyo 2.2 rom as stated, ran both, but when I rebooted it went to a white screen with green htc letters and has been there for about fifteen or twenty minutes and show no signs of moving. Did I do sumthin incorrect, is there a way to completely start the loading of my radio and rom update over or did i brick my phone? I have been at this for 6 hours now and cannot get my phone to respond.

Upvote 0
OK, total noob question here but I am in desperate need of help... I rooted my US Cellular HTC Desire sucessfully - [GUIDE] One Click How to Root the GSM & CDMA Desire with Unrevoked 3.21 - xda-developers , loaded the two zip files on my sd card and loaded the radio and the froyo 2.2 rom as stated, ran both, but when I rebooted it went to a white screen with green htc letters and has been there for about fifteen or twenty minutes and show no signs of moving. Did I do sumthin incorrect, is there a way to completely start the loading of my radio and rom update over or did i brick my phone? I have been at this for 6 hours now and cannot get my phone to respond.

What Zip files? You did choose a CDMA specific rom and radio didn't you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones