• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to root lg escape on jellybean 4.1.2(working methid)

if youve updated to the latest firmware for the escape youll notice no lg roots work for it.solution:download and extract the following file,plug the phone in and follow the prompts on screen.this is the solution i found to work 100 percent
to be safe add ota rootkeeper found on the market.i recommend using apptoide or blackmart alpha tho as your able to get anything you need for free.google play seems to crash so i removed it and use these,select the option to lock the root on the ota rootkeeper apk.

enjoy

Attachments

• motochopper.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,085
I am trying to root my phone due to space issues and fact that it will not let me store apps on my sd card. Still dont understand the purpose of the sd card slot if it won't let you use it??:thinking: Anyways, followed the instructions above and when I ran the .BAT file it says "*Daemon not running starting it now on port 5037* * daemon started successfully*" then it just stops and does nothing else? What am I doing wrong. I downloaded the .zip file, extracted the contents to my desktop, connected my phone via data cable in debugging mode. Nothing happened so I ran the run BAT file. it then brought up the box that looks like dos prompt and said the above quote.:thinking::mad: Any suggestions or maybe a link to a working method? I really want to figure this out because I love my escape!:D:eek:. It just doesn't fit my needs without having the extra sd card storage. Please help!!!

BTW I'm running JB 4.1.2 if that matters.

Upvote 0
Solved the problem! I didnt have the driver installed for my phone. Installed drivers and after trying 2 or 3 times it worked! now I have super user access:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I almost crapped myself tho bc it looped the LG icon it does about 5 times before it started:eek: i thought for sure I bricked it...lol Whats the best app to move things to SD card?

Upvote 0
Well shortly after rooting I got a little carried away and deleted a bunch of stuff that was on my phone and didnt think it would affect it:eek: lol Well it did, went to boot loop with the LG screen and after 2 loops would say security error. Updated with LG support tool and it fixed it. CRAZY thing is my phone was a consumer cellular phone, now after the update its AT&T:thinking::p Even the consumer cellular screen at boot switched to AT&T...lol...Doesnt bother me just find it weird and funny. After un bricking I rooted again and haven't messed around with anything yet. Kinda scared to:eek: Anyone know of custom roms that works with this phone? Thanks

Upvote 0
I have an LG Escape P807 and cannot get this to work. I've installed an LG driver from their website then downloaded motochopper, extracted and ran the .bat file and it tells me this:
daemon not running on port 5037
daemon successful
error: more than one device and emulator (x5)

And still nothing. I installed Simple Root Checker and still nothing.
Can someone please help??!! I'm sick to death of uninstalling apps I actually want to keep just to make room on the internal memory. I want to install apps on my external sd.

Please help!!!!:thinking::thinking::(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones