• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Root Nova 3?

Hello everyone!
I need to root my Nova 3 because I can't satisfy my default device. I want to customize my device as my wish but I don't know anything about android rooting. So can anyone tell me is that safe to root my device and is it legal to root an Android device?
tbh next time if you want to root your device, pick a device that can be rooted. looks like huawei has decided to lock the bootloader and devs are having a hard time unlocking it. i guess in the past huawei used to give out a unlock code, but not any more.

so doing some research for you, i found this thread:
DEV Bootloader unlock development
if you read the thread, which i suggest that you do, you will find that the bootloader is locked and that there is a website that you will have to pay to get your phone unlocked. a few posts says that the website might be shady, but they were able to get their phone unlocked thru the website.

this is the website they were commenting on:
https://ministryofsolutions.com/huawei-bootloader-unlock-paid-service-html

now unlocking the bootloader is just the first step. the next step you will need to do is install either
1. SuperSu APK
or
2. Magisk which is the newer and prefered method to gain root.

normally once you gained root the next step is to get twrp. twrp is a custom recovery and is an essential tool for root users. twrp will allow you to make a nandroid backup (it is like a save point in a video game, it backs everything including your data just in case something goes wrong), flash custom roms among other things.

unfortunately twrp is not made for your device, so you can't back anything up. as you said you wanted to root to customize your device. this most likely means that you plan on deleting things. just be careful of what you delete. if you plan on deleting system apps, some are so tied in that you delete one thing, then it mess up another thing. it could make your phone useless.....and you most likely need to reflash a new firmware which in turn will unroot the device and you will have to start all over and root it again.

so you see there is a lot going on. rooting is not that simple. i really suggest that you do a lot of reading and researching this.

head on over to xda for most of your research. they are the best result for all things root related.
hear is the main forum for your device:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nova-3

this is the subforum for rooting:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nova-3/development

any questions feel free to ask.

just one more thing, please read and do your research before doing any of this. main thing is be prepared;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones