• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to root Optimus one after upgrade to 2.3.3?

Is safe rooting possible after upgrading to 2.3 GB?

That depends on how you define "safe".

Rooting, whether it is before or after upgrading to 2.3 voids guaranty. But nothing bad will happen will happen to your phone just because it is rooted. Rooting gives you access to the otherwise restricted root folder. So before you root your phone, since you cannot access this folder, you cannot actually damage the phone software. But after rooting, you can (for example) uninstall system apps and while most of them are just trash, some are actually needed for the phone to work.

As long as you know what you are doing, rooting is safe. Even after you root, you can always undo the root in case there is a problem with the phone and you need to take it to the service center. Just make sure you dont leave any evidence of rooting behind.

Reactions: mathi
Upvote 0
That depends on how you define "safe".

Rooting, whether it is before or after upgrading to 2.3 voids guaranty. But nothing bad will happen will happen to your phone just because it is rooted. Rooting gives you access to the otherwise restricted root folder. So before you root your phone, since you cannot access this folder, you cannot actually damage the phone software. But after rooting, you can (for example) uninstall system apps and while most of them are just trash, some are actually needed for the phone to work.

As long as you know what you are doing, rooting is safe. Even after you root, you can always undo the root in case there is a problem with the phone and you need to take it to the service center. Just make sure you dont leave any evidence of rooting behind.

Thanks a lot. Can I use gingernreakv1.20apk? for rooting?

Upvote 0
No, I didn't install stock 2.3.3 from LG. Gingerbreak seems working for many but not for mine. Any other reason or method?

Which firmware version and android version are you using now? IF you are using version 2.2.1 (the version which was originally installed on the phone), you can use z4root.

What happens when you try to root with gingerbreak? Does the phone restart?

Try connecting the phone to a computer via a usb cable with usb debugging on and then rooting.

Upvote 0
Which firmware version and android version are you using now? IF you are using version 2.2.1 (the version which was originally installed on the phone), you can use z4root.

What happens when you try to root with gingerbreak? Does the phone restart?

Try connecting the phone to a computer via a usb cable with usb debugging on and then rooting.

As I said earlier I have upgraded to 2.3.3 gingerbread by LG Service centre officially.

When I tried to root it took more than 20 minutes but still gingerbreak was running. Once after half an hour it resumed to the original condition. I formatted my sd card before the try.

I think gingerbreak will not work after upgraded. If it is so pl suggest alternate rooting.

Upvote 0
Gingerbreak is not working, I tried four times the process goes for more than 15 minutes. I installed gingerbreak and start rooting after I ticked the option debugging in Applications. What could be the cause?

had the same issue. This is what i did.
1. uninstalled the previously installed Gingerbreak.
2. Formatted the SD.
3. Reinstalled the app.
4. Click on root.... Boom! Rooted :D

if you dont want to lose any of your data, try the steps except formatting the SD card, or if possi, use a different SD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones