• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Root & ROM - Video Guides from the TheUnlockr

there are some charging issues that happen with the version of clockworkmod that is used in the video, but it is easily remedied by updating the clockworkmod to the one that is found on xda forums....the name of the thread is ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.0.9 for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide (MoDaCo edition)

I would post a link, but I am not sure if we are allowed to post a link to xda?

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
there are some charging issues that happen with the version of clockworkmod that is used in the video, but it is easily remedied by updating the clockworkmod to the one that is found on xda forums....the name of the thread is ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.0.9 for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide (MoDaCo edition)

I would post a link, but I am not sure if we are allowed to post a link to xda?

Good info, thanks :)

Yes, you can post links to other sites like XDA (I just did in another thread). It's okay...we know everyone is coming back here after following the link :D

Upvote 0
honestly I am not sure, but if you have the same insurance that I have, it says that it covers water damage and theft, so if you are that worried then drop it in a glass of water or "lose" it...I have heard that they don't really check though, but I don't know that from experience...you should go check out xda forums in the Mytouch 4g slide section...I haven't seen anyone that could tell me how to unroot, but I also have not read every thread....good luck.

Upvote 0
hi, i am also wondering about unrooting and returning the phone to out-of-the-box condition. i have tried flashing the PC59IMG.zip files over at XDA thru the bootloader, but they don't seem to flash correctly. from what i understand they would give you unrooted stock with S-OFF still(which might be good enough), but they are not working for me. i'm figuring no one knows at this point, but i thought i'd ask anyhow. cheers and thx for reading ;)

Upvote 0
i need help rootin the 2.3.4 with hboot 1.45.0013

Are you S-ON or S-OFF on that Hboot? If you are S-ON then you are stuck for now :( the HTC bootloader unlocker is supposed to work on that HBOOT, but it's not yet, so you'll have to wait until they fix the tool, or until Team Revolutionary cracks the new HBOOT.

If you are S-OFF, i have a simple method for gaining root access on the newest update/HBOOT:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1433805

Mods: i am happy to post this method here if you prefer that to a link to XDA :)

Upvote 0
i am S-on that is how it was shipped to me :(

Ah ok. I have a ticket open with HTC on the issue, and they just called me today and told me to try the tool again in 7-10 days, and see if it has been fixed internally. Hopefully they will eventually fix it.

From what i understand, unlocking the bootloader with HTC's official tool isn't really as good as S-OFF, but it does seem to give you at least some way to root and/or flash custom ROMs.

Reactions: MRguyandhis2
Upvote 0
Don't even bother putting in a ticket with HTC for support on the official method. I finally got a call back from HTC today after 2 weeks of waiting. I was told that HTC is aware of the problem, and MIGHT correct it with the next boot loader update. When I asked what he meant by "Might" he said that with the end of "future development time frame" for this device coming to an end soon and that they may just completely remove it from the list of supported devices. I didn't even know HTC had a "future development time frame." Lets just hope revolution can crack this soon.

Upvote 0
Don't even bother putting in a ticket with HTC for support on the official method. I finally got a call back from HTC today after 2 weeks of waiting. I was told that HTC is aware of the problem, and MIGHT correct it with the next boot loader update. When I asked what he meant by "Might" he said that with the end of "future development time frame" for this device coming to an end soon and that they may just completely remove it from the list of supported devices. I didn't even know HTC had a "future development time frame." Lets just hope revolution can crack this soon.

that sucks to hear :( i and 2 or 3 other guys on XDA have all been told by HTC that there will be some kind of update by the end of February which will fix the hboot to work with the unlocker.... let's hope they told us right.

i can't believe the end of development is already coming for this device! although i must say that the 1.55.531.3 update is running great for me and doesn't leave me overly hungry for more... (luckily i had done S-OFF previously and could root the update). but this seems like great hardware, and hopefully it will see official ICS!

Upvote 0
im stuck on the frevo part of the rooting. I downloaded frevo and all, but when i watch the video I get lost where he saves download on his desktop and then extract and right click the folder. it doesn't give me an option to extract anything. please help. I don't know how to extract the frevo folder and stuff.

what version of.android are you on and hboot version?

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones