1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to root S-off HTC Wildfire S Marvel with 2.14.401.1?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tieskejansen, May 8, 2012.

1. tieskejansen

tieskejansen Lurker

Hello,

I have an HTC Wildfire S s-off and wanted to root him.

The story:

When I had problems with my memory, in March, I unlocked my bootloader and rooted it with HTC Supertool V3 and did it with Zergrush. When I did something wrong with an stupid no needed app of HTC, my phone freezed and I pulled out the battery. After that, it didn't startup anymore and stuck on white background with green letters HTC. So I brought it to a phoneshop and they fixed it for me, by installing a whole new firmware (for Wildfire s of course). When I looked into bootloader, I saw they made it s-off. I turned on my phone and checked for some updates. There was one update: the update for 2.14.401.1. I searched on google for how to root it but couldn't find something. Can someone help me, or do I have to wait for something?

Thanks in advance!

tieskejansen

2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

Nice... I wish I could have S-OFF!

There is no special procedure for rooting 2.14.401.1. Just use the HTC Supertool and Zergrush. It should root.

3. tieskejansen

tieskejansen Lurker

Are you sure it will work after that update and can you make it sure?

Thanks by the way for the answer!

4. CafeKampuchia

As the saying goes, don't say thanks--click thanks ; )

I don't have your phone or that firmware so I can't say more than I have, but I personally wouldn't hesitate to do it if my phone were S-OFF.

5. tieskejansen

tieskejansen Lurker

Ok. So if I root my phone with Zergrush via HTC Supertool V3, my phone wouldn't be bricked? And does it matter if it is s-off or s-on with unlocked bootloader? I really, really want to root my phone again, but first I want to make sure it wouldn't be bricked quickly.

6. CafeKampuchia

I don't know how many more ways to tell you that any rooting method will work with an s-off device.

Rooting does not brick phones. Noobs messing up their ROMs after rooting bricks phones. To make sure your phone is properly rooted and backed-up to avoid another trip to the phone shop, see steps 4 and 5 of this guide:

http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s-finally.html

Avoid video tuts because they aren't specific enough and can't help you get out of trouble or answer your questions. That's what forums are for. ;)

7. tieskejansen

tieskejansen Lurker

Ok, I will have a look at it. I click your thanks button if it's succesfull!

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews