1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to root sprint galaxy s2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EVILTEDDI, Aug 11, 2012.

1. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

Just got a sprint galaxys2 the other day model number sph-d710 i was wondering if any one could send me a link to a guide on how to root this phone, iwant to root for the free tethering hotspot, i guess with this new 4.0.4 update,u can no longer use pda net or Foxfi
    Your help will be greatly appreciated!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

scary alien likes this.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

I still don't believe it (no matter how many times you keep reminding me, Luna ;) :p :)).

Crazy Samsung naming conventons, eh?

Thank you, sir!

lunatic59 likes this.
  4. lunatic59

And you even wrote the root sticky. :eek: :D

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

LMAO -- well played, sir! Well played ;) :).

~ ~ ~

EVILTEDDI, be sure to check-out the aforementioned all-things-root sticky:

http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-touch-all-things-root/447510-samsung-epic-4g-touch-all-things-root-guide.html

(although I must admit I simply gathered the links for seeding the guide--I have no hands-on or direct experience with this device).

There's also quite a few threads already here in the all-things-root area that will hopefully steer you in the right directly or a helpful and knowledgeable Epic 4G Touch rooter will chime-in to assist you.

Best of luck! :)

6. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

Im having trouble still :/ could u show me which guide is for me i have the FF18 build number

7. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

Or does the rooting guide work for all of the build numbers??

8. lunatic59

I'm not sure. Neither one of us has that particular phone, so it's difficult to say. Let me ask the staff if anyone has any experience with these.

scary alien likes this.
  9. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

Okay thanks man, all i want is to use my phone to Get internet on my computer, if you know any other way to work around the 4.0.4 update to get foxfi or pdanet to work that would be awesome as well!

10. lunatic59

Sorry, no. I have the AT&T model and it's just different enough to screw things up for you. Hopefully someone will jump in here.

11. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

If you don't find the solution PM me later. I'm out all day today, and I'll get you a link to an easy one click root that will work on any software version you have right now.

Make sure you have Odin, Android SDK, and the right Samsung drivers then the one click solution will be a breeze!

scary alien and lunatic59 like this.
  12. chrlswltrs

scary alien and lunatic59 like this.
  13. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

14. chrlswltrs

You have a GSII Epic 4G Touch right? That is the same phone I have, and I have used that many times.

15. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

Well the build numbers they have for that guide are different than mine... Build number ff18 & model sph-d710

16. chrlswltrs

The build number that you currently have doesn't matter. If you aren't comfortable with it though in a few days when I have a day off I'll upload my files to Google Drive and share the ones I used with you.

17. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

ok i successfully just rooted my phone :D finally and thank you very much i have a question though, a system update pops up if i do this update will it screw my phone up??

18. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

specifially the 4.0.4 update O_O and also i just got the wireless tether apk and my SSID doesnt show up when i look for the wireless connections .... -_- there also isnt any download or upload speed incoming

19. chrlswltrs

I would say do not do an OTA. I don't know what the effects are, because personally I always flash a custom ROM or flash a leak before the OTA is ever pushed.

For tether use Wireless Tether, then change the device ID to galaxy nexus (CDMA/LTE)

20. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

i downloaded the tether from the link u sent same onei already.download and changed the device id and still doesn't work :/ and could u send a link to a.page with all the latest & greatest custom roms are :)

21. chrlswltrs

Honestly I just browse XDA. I don't know of a link with all the best. I am on CM9 alpha 6 right now and it is great. I have been following the progress of CM10 and an AOSP JB ROM on XDA, but those aren't quite stable enough for me to use yet.

22. EVILTEDDI

EVILTEDDI Member

do u think u can find out if i can update it to the 4.0.4 update already being rooted and be fine?

23. 350zx6r

350zx6r Well-Known Member

so this can be done on ANY SPRINT Galaxy S2 right?

24. chrlswltrs

There is only the Epic 4G Touch on Sprint. As long is it is for the E4GT it will work for the E4GT, no other variation of the GSII.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews