• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Root The Coby Kyros Mid9742 ???

SonySony

Apr 8, 2012
This thread is established to explore rooting the Koby Kyros MID9742 Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Tablet.

So far, all attempts to root the MID9742 have failed. The SuperOneClick tool (Ver 2.3.3) by Shortfuse was the most promising, but it gets stock on Step#7 and does not complete the rooting process.

If you go into the tablet and explore the file structure you will see that it is already set up with a root folder. That being said, it sounds like one might have to create the folder and user layout of a "root" manually instead of having a program do it. I'm working on it and will post my finds has I am also working on customizing the root so its more personal like a Windows Administrator User Profile than the universal shit that's out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones