• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root the LG Leon/LG Power

Well soft bricked again trying to use remove kngroor to superSU made a back up even named the folder something else so TWRP could locate it or whatever. So I can see my backup zips but nothing happens when I press on one as if there not ever there idk. So I'm back on my F6 till a ROM comes out that I can flash. Then I can play around and gain superSU I'm sure. Is there any stock ROM firwate etc. I can flash? This sucks what good is a nandroid backup if it can be recognized to flash the zips?

Upvote 0
I was able to successfully install Kingroot from the OP's link, root, then install and run Super-Sume and run SuperSU just fine on two MetroPCS LG Leon's with MS34510d installed.

Both were on MS34510b and rooted before I manually updated via LG Support Tool to MS34510d, then installed Kingroot and did the SuperSU replacement.

This is what I'm going to try. Did you disable OTA updates after rooting? I'm afraid an update will destroy the root.

Upvote 0
Apologies for raising this thread from the dead, but a couple of questions...

Is there any way to fully restore to factory settings on the LG Power model? I rooted and uninstalled some Tracfone apps, but after uninstalling KingRoot and doing a reset, I'm still missing all the uninstalled software. Also McAffee, which can't be uninstalled at all, locks me out every time I try to boot back up.

On top of that, are there any ROMs out there for the L22c? I would love to try 5.1 if it's out there somewhere.

Upvote 0
Apologies for raising this thread from the dead, but a couple of questions...

Is there any way to fully restore to factory settings on the LG Power model? I rooted and uninstalled some Tracfone apps, but after uninstalling KingRoot and doing a reset, I'm still missing all the uninstalled software. Also McAffee, which can't be uninstalled at all, locks me out every time I try to boot back up.

On top of that, are there any ROMs out there for the L22c? I would love to try 5.1 if it's out there somewhere.
Well I think unless you have a backup, "core" apps you uninstalled won't be present with a reset. I made that mistake myself and it was permanently messed up, cuz there is no system file for Tracfone's lg power

Upvote 0
Hi all, I posted a thread in the main board, by I figured I'd ask here too. I have the LG Sunset LTE L33L on Straight Talk and I was wondering if the ROMs and recovery for the Leon would work on it. From what I can tell, it's the same phone as the LG Power, just on AT&T's towers. I have root if that matters. And, I took a screencap of my software information. Thanks for any info.View attachment 91279 View attachment 91279

I have same phn and service. Did you find any info on rooting? Ive been coming up with zilch. Needing to root to make hotspot when i need it.

Upvote 0
Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
These are no longer an option as SuperSUME appears to have been removed from the Play Store and the Kingroot devs implemented a blocking feature in their software to block SuperSU and SuperSUME from removing Kingroot.
This is kinda simple though. Get an older version (like 4.0) so it does get removed. Unless they added that into their own SU binary.

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
I was able to use the instructions from the OP to root my LG Risio (same as LG Leon), but I was curious if I can now just go ahead and uninstall the main Kingroot app. Do I have to leave it on the phone indefinitely in order to maintain the root?
Yes, unless you flash a ROM with KR stuff switched out for SuperSu..

Upvote 0
Is the Leon you may get running 5.0.2 firmware? If so you can just Kingroot it then use Flashify or rasher or something to flash the proper blue 2.8.7.0 TWRP for that device. One Custom ROM thus far CM 12.1 hope that sums er up for you. Yet in my honest opinion the phone itself has pretty poor battery life to be honest. But the price is right I guess. And well hey you get what you pay for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones