• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root the LG Leon/LG Power

What yo?!!?? Lmao. It's life my friend. I've ran into these issues my man. I knw it blows but that's why U really got to do ur research on a phn before buying it so U knw all the ins & outs/ ups & downs. Ramifications etc. I've learned my lesson. Always knw what you're getting itself into. Is the phn one click rootable, has it ben rooted, how has others methods worked, Has my devices been updated recently, will it root after an update? Etc.

Upvote 0
Its 5.0.2 and unless its used maybe anything at metro comes 5.1.1 trust me I ran into you're issues before I found a 5.0.2 at the mall. And KR is only used to root the phone that's all it is good for after that you're gonna need to flash a rom with the updated SuperSU zip if you want SuperSU not KR. Bcrichster is working on some full proof ways of eliminating KR safely for the ZTE WarpSync which we are both gonna run. And on my concord 2 I was the first to one click root that with (Kingo Root) and I just downloaded supersu over kingo and uninstalled kingo..... But that was for another phn with another method so........... Anywho no you don't wanna keep Kingroot after rooted. Not to mention with KR in place it denies a lot of apps and things as not rooted due to KR having no SU/SU blocker so KR is only good at what it does..... Root you're phone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Who said anything about a cam fix? Is there a way to downgrade versions?
Yes, download mode, the correct .kdz file for your device from LG and the LG Flash Tool for Windows 64bit OS.

Its 5.0.2 and unless its used maybe anything at metro comes 5.1.1 trust me I ran into you're issues before I found a 5.0.2 at the mall. And KR is only used to root the phone that's all it is good for after that you're gonna need to flash a rom with the updated SuperSU zip if you want SuperSU not KR. Bcrichster is working on some full proof ways of eliminating KR safely for the ZTE WarpSync which we are both gonna run. And on my concord 2 I was the first to one click root that with (Kingo Root) and I just downloaded supersu over kingo and uninstalled kingo..... But that was for another phn with another method so........... Anywho no you don't wanna keep Kingroot after rooted. Not to mention with KR in place it denies a lot of apps and things as not rooted due to KR having no SU/SU blocker so KR is only good at what it does..... Root you're phone.

Use the newest KingRoot v4.6, since it has the most advanced Rooting capabilities and will cause way fewer issues than the earlier APK's

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
...So I've rooted my straight talk LG l22c Power with kingroot but can't find recovery or which version of busybox will install, and does anyone know any roms that will work?

BusyBox/BusyBoxPro from the Google Play Store works on it just fine. There is no recovery mode or download mode for this phone, only factory reset. It's kind of upsetting because this device (and the Leon) are both based on the G2 and Tracphone actually had to go out of their way to strip out the recovery and download modes.

Upvote 0
To anyone using Kingroot - I've successfully rooted the LG Power (LG22c), which is the twin to the non-LTE version of the Leon, then I removed their King User app and their Purify app via Root Browser and the phone remains rooted and still asks yes/no for root permissions on apps like a normal root app should without any added nonsense. You should be able to do the same on the Leon.

Upvote 0
Can anybody help me with the SuperSU portion of this root? It keeps saying that SuperSU needs to be updated and I already tried an update that someone put out, but it doesn't seem to want to update. I have the LG Leon LTE from Metropcs running on version 5.1.1. Can anybody give me a step by step on what to do? Thank you. And also can anybody tell how to go into recovery mode as well? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Funny you say that. My phone got bricked....I can't believe it....I had to spend $159 on a new phone..My mom is going to flip the biggest shit ever. Anyway, the Leon has potential. Can anybody please give me a step by step guide on how to unbrick this device? It is saying that there isn't an OS installed. Shit was getting heated when the Metro employee found my TWRP. I was sweating bullets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones