1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [How-to] Root via Rasta fastboot exploit and make your phone recoverable from a system wipe

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Willster419, Apr 12, 2013.

1. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    ok so i found your thread on the blue theme. then i loaded the version from this thread on my sd, flashed the zip in recovery,and rebooted. now my phone is in a boot loop. what did i do wrong?

Advertisement

2. monkeytools

monkeytools Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 9, 2012
    virgina
    first what verision are you running. all themes are for m130. for right now. you can adb back into recovery. and wipe cache and dalvik cache that helps sometimes. when posting try give us as much info as you can. will be easer to help with your problem.

3. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    I'm running m130 and i did an adb back up so my phone is working fine. ill try wiping the cache and flash the zip file again. thanks

tried that...boot loop...so i did a recovery then i downloaded the old super blue theme from another thread and tried flashing that now the phone is stuck at the "verizon wireless initializing...please wait"' screen and my phone is not visible in device manager on my pc! am i bricked...please help

4. Willster419

Willster419 The Casio Smartphone Guru
    None

Feb 25, 2012
    Male
    Engineer at Raytheon Missile Systems
    New Hampshire
    you ran out of space on your system partition. I guarantee it.

5. monkeytools

None

Jun 9, 2012
    virgina
    Hey wisteria I have never. Ran into that problem before. You may need to include a delete in your updater. Do that it will delete the apk first then flash the new one.

6. Willster419

None

Feb 25, 2012
    Male
    New Hampshire
    good point I will do that when I get back.

EDIT: I tried for hours to try to get one to work where it puts a "dumped" old theme back onto the system, but it was not stable. I am working on getting an old framework.res apk to go onto it and then having the ability to boot fully. I think i updated my blue theme with delete commands, but i will check.

7. Willster419

None

Feb 25, 2012
    Male
    New Hampshire
    if you have done everything in this thread from adb enable to boot.IMG to recovery then you will never be bricked. Since you are m130, try the hard key reset option. then before you install the theme, delete some system apps or something, then theme it. or wait till I update the theme, which will be in about an hour.

8. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    i think i accidentally wiped the data when i wiped the cache and dalvik cache then i flashed the blue theme with out flashing the rom. my phone got past the verizon initializing screen by unplugging and plugging in a few times but now the only things that seem to work are the lock screen and status bar rest of the screen is black. no adb in device manager. is there anything i can do

9. monkeytools

None

Jun 9, 2012
    virgina
    First do you have my boot.img on your phone. And did you have adb enabled. Have you tried running adb reboot recovery. Need more info. What blue theme. Give link to the theme song we know witch one you flashed.

10. Willster419

None

Feb 25, 2012
    Male
    New Hampshire
    tagging on to that, when you boot, does a red light come on for about a second?

11. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    Here is a link the the super blue theme i used
    Dev-Host - super_blue_theme.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

I did have the boot.img on my phone and adb running. several times my phone got stuck in a boot loop and i was able to recover with adb. my current problem occurred when i booted into recovery and wiped the data then rebooted did wiping the data get rid of the boot.img

in response to willster419 yes i get a red light turning on for a second when i try to boot then at verizon initializing secreen the light stays on. at this point the phone stops booting.

12. monkeytools

None

Jun 9, 2012
    virgina
    you may have got a bad download. question are you able t adb into recovery. if you are able too. then reflash rom. then try to down load theme again and flash. if you still have cant get the theme to flash. maybe willster can check and see if there is a problem with his theme.

13. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    cant seem to get to adb recovery on my phone. and my phone doesn't show up as adb interface on my pc like it should.

i think i'm bricked

14. monkeytools

None

Jun 9, 2012
    virgina
    Did you ever install willster rom. Or did you install my themed rom. Or did you install my boot.img. or did you just try to flash over stock. This is need to know info so I know how to help you. Tell wait you did in detail. Right after you rooted phone.

15. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    i fallowed willsters instructions in the firts post of this thread from start to finish to protect my phone with adb and root. then i de-bloated my phone fallowing the advise from the list of apps safe to remove thread. i deleted most of the things from the list but nothing that was listed as questionable. then i tried to flash the previously mentioned super blue theme. it didn't work i was stuck in continuous boot loop so ran adb recovery problem fixed. then i wiped the cash and dalvek cash and tried to flash the super blue theme again with the same result so i read through this thread again and got the idea that i should wipe the data too from the same place that i wiped the cash, i guess i missed the part about re flashing the rom after wiping the data. anyway thats what i did then flashed the super blue theme again and rebooted. so thats it... i hope that gives you a better idea of what i did.
    thanks for taking the time to give me some advice i'm in way over my head

16. monkeytools

None

Jun 9, 2012
    virgina
    ok try this. download my Multi Tool. make a new folder on your desktop name it what ever you want. put Multi Tool in it, and extract it. power off phone if is not already. plug phone into cable from pc. then double click Multi Tool and select reboot to recovery. then turn phone on. then wait a minute and see if you reboot into recovery. if it does restore backup if you made one. or flash a rom that has my boot.img in it. Note my stock rom does not have my insecure boot.img in it. it is just that stock with root. but let me know how it goes. here is a link to my Multi Tool oneclick tread http://androidforums.com/commando-all-things-root/717534-multi-tool-oneclick-installer-root.html

17. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    the download link on dev-host seems to be broken i can't download the zip file

18. monkeytools

None

Jun 9, 2012
    virgina
    link is working just tested it. try it again if it still will not load let me know and I will send it to you.

19. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    i downloaded multi tool oneclick installer.zip, unpacked it, plugged in my powered down phone and double clicked casio multi tool i selected reboot into recovery daemon started successfully turned on my phone but it did not boot into recovery.
    any suggestions?

20. monkeytools

None

Jun 9, 2012
    virgina
    Okay it sounds like my boot.img didn't flash. Or you didn't fastboot my boot.img. you are bricked. This is a problem with this phone there is no hard key reboot to recovery. Did you try the hard key reset. When the red light comes on. That is the only thing I can think of to try.

curveman likes this.
  21. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    thanks monkeytools i didn't know how to hard key rest before im in recovery now going to try and restore im so exited

22. monkeytools

None

Jun 9, 2012
    virgina
    You are welcome. If you are looking for a themed rom. You should try my casio blues rom. Plus it has my
    Boot.img in it. If you are in recovery. You can put on your sdcard. I think you should look over recovery and figure everything out. And make sure you get my boot.img on your phone one way or another. My one click tool. Will do it for you. Just follow the instructions. Its real easy. Glad you got it working.

23. curveman

curveman Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Male
    California
    thanks again monkeytools i got my phone working perfectly running your blues theme now, love it

24. Willster419

None

Feb 25, 2012
    Male
    New Hampshire
    great to hear that you got your phone working again!

1.) I'm sorry that I have been lacking from the fourms. If i was here I could have followed up with you about the red light, like monkeytools helped you with.

2.) I'm double sorry that my update managed to (almost) brick your phone. I am going to add some sort of safeguard against this from happening in the future.
    :(:(:(

25. Willster419

None

Feb 25, 2012
    Male
    New Hampshire
    The safeguard has been added. Check out this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/commando-a...d-my-themes-mods-please-read.html#post5909882