• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root [Without ADB]

Upvote 0
Anyone in Los Angeles, or more specifically Canyon Country-Santa Clarita willing to root my Droid X for a small fee???
I really want to root my Droid but am scared to death to try myself, :thinking: pm me if willing.

I know what you're saying but this is something you should figure out. The terminal emulator method is very easy. I've done it a couple times. Just type exactly what it says and reboot. If you can't put the root on then you won't get the most of it either. I was the same way with roms and themes but now I'm running fly x, with the nextheme.

Upvote 0
OK, I've got Astro and a TE app. BUT when I try to download the above mentioned app to my Droid (DroidXRoot_v2.zip ) I get this message. Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone. I'm just guessing it's because it's a zipped file. Am I missing something, how do I proceed?

Try using Opera Mini Browser (free in the Market)...I never could get the stupid stock browser to download files like this either... I'm sure someone knows the secret-sauce, but I know Opera Mini will do the trick for you.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
OK, I used Opera and was able to save the downloaded file to my SD card. Wen I extract the file I cannot find a fine named "resource.ashx". I have the following
.android_secure
busybox
data
DroidXRoot_V2.zip
exploid
exploid.c
logs
LOST.DIR
su
Superuser.apk
tmp

This is after long touch, and selecting extract to this directory. What now?

Upvote 0
I did the "one click root" method and it worked great. Probably took about 15 minutes total from DLing it to my PC then getting the root to stick to my X. I had to switch to "charge only" but it worked fine. So far loving root. With ATK, setcpu, Titanium backup my phone is now quicker and seems to have better battery life through my first day of use since rooting.

Upvote 0
I put the zip file on by moving from my desktop while the X was plugged up.
I am have a problem when typing in the commands from the shell emulator, it says "permission denied", then "not found" and "unable to chmod exploid: No such file or directory"
Anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong? I tried this after having no luck with the one click method..
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones