• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root

Does anybody know how to root the lg spirit and avoid the security error? Or is this not fixable and i just have to avoid rebooting my phone plz answer back i really need help. I rooted my phone and it bricked twice but i flashed it back to stock firmware but i really want my phone to be rooted so i can get rid of all the bloat.

Upvote 0
Does anybody know how to root the lg spirit and avoid the security error? Or is this not fixable and i just have to avoid rebooting my phone plz answer back i really need help. I rooted my phone and it bricked twice but i flashed it back to stock firmware but i really want my phone to be rooted so i can get rid of all the bloat.

as long as you don't delete any of the google stuff you should be fine

Upvote 0
Huh! I'm having the same problem as jasonzech and strutter67, except doing it line by line and removing 'adb reboot' did not solve the problem for me. I have the newest drivers, debug mode is on, and it's set to usb charge only. It's getting stuck at "adb remount," where it tells me "remount failed: Operation not permitted." Any suggestions?

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT! I had to connect the phone to the computer with debugging mode turned OFF at least. When I did that, it plug-and-played me a new driver. Disconnected, enabled debugging mode, reconnected, and ran run.bat. Worked like a charm!

Upvote 0
thank you for the root guide everyone, I just got the lg spirit yesterday, could someone post the metro programs that are safe to remove?

Thanks in advance

Perris

I can't vouch to the safety of anything else, but here are the programs I removed with no problems:
CarHome
Google+
Guided Tours
M Studio
Metro411
MetroPCS Easy WiFi
MyMetro (Safe to remove, but I kept for bill payment conveniences)
MetroWEB
Movies
Pocket Express
Sportacular
Total Protection
Messaging (I use Handcent SMS)

I'm absolutely positive that there's more bloatware that can be safely removed, so if anyone wants to add to this list... we could finally make a sticky maybe?

Upvote 0
I can't vouch to the safety of anything else, but here are the programs I removed with no problems:
CarHome
Google+
Guided Tours
M Studio
Metro411
MetroPCS Easy WiFi
MyMetro (Safe to remove, but I kept for bill payment conveniences)
MetroWEB
Movies
Pocket Express
Sportacular
Total Protection
Messaging (I use Handcent SMS)

I'm absolutely positive that there's more bloatware that can be safely removed, so if anyone wants to add to this list... we could finally make a sticky maybe?

Did you reboot yet? That will confirm whether that is all safe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones