• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to root

If it's running Android, probably. But rather than risking bricking it (and voiding the warranty), if it's running Android, see if you can install Default App Manager, then change the default Images app to QuickPic.

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't help. The problem is that the "Gallery" app is corrupted and the Camera app keeps trying to use it. I can't change it because it is a system app. Looks like I gonna have to root the camera.

Thanks anyway

Bob

Upvote 0
Try going into settings>apps>all and select your gallery app. From there choose "clear defaults" .

If you have quickpic installed and it can be used as a gallery, next time you select a photo, see if it will prompt you to select a default app.

If clearing the defaults doesn't work, you may also try clearing cache and data for gallery as well. (may need to back your pictures up prior to this)

Also, as a last resort, a factory reset may fix your corrupted app.

Reactions: bob-st
Upvote 0
Brian, This problem has been kicking my ass for at least a month. Nothing that I tried helped.

It is my wife's camera and she has not been happy about this Gallery App behavior.

But, your suggestion to "factory reset" solved the issue. Thanks man... I owe you one.
beer.gif

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Brian, This problem has been kicking my ass for at least a month. Nothing that I tried helped.

It is my wife's camera and she has not been happy about this Gallery App behavior.

But, your suggestion to "factory reset" solved the issue. Thanks man... I owe you one.
beer.gif

Great news! Glad things are functional again. :)

Thanks for the update!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones