• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to save both SMS AND MMS to PC for free?

I just installed SMS Backup+ from Google Play Store, which seems to have no trouble shooting all my SMS (no MMS) texts over to a Gmail folder. But I want to also backup my MMS too, with all the attached photos, videos, etc. I've seen a couple Windows programs that will copy everything down to a PC folder as html, which is great, but they all cost money. I don't wish to deny application developers a living, I'm just really really poor. Anybody have any recommendations?

I recently launched an app called Pod Backup. It has support for MMS. You can download it at the Play Store here. Let me know what you if this helps.
I tried it and could only end up with a json file (or Excel for paid version). Saw no way after backing up to access MMS attachments. You could tell by the saved backup file size that images weren't included. But thanks anyway. Gonna try the other suggestions now.

Upvote 0
Do you just want a backup or do you want to be able to read them as well? SmartSwitch for Windows is free and backs up Samsung phones.
Just ran SmartSwitch and it does not back up MMS attachments. Messages that it does save are a proprietary Samsung file that can only be seen if you import it back onto a Samsung phone, and the only multimedia it pulls in are the ones physically on the device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones