• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Save Google Lens Photo to Google Keep?

persistentone

Sep 4, 2013
I take photos of plants in Google Lens, asking it to identify the plant species. Sometimes I want to save the photo but there is no function in Google Lens to save a photo. Google search tells me that Google Lens can import to Google Keep. I have both Lens and Keep installed but I see no buttons in Lens to save to Keep or "Import to Keep". How do I save the Google Lens photo?

Are you actually taking the picture and then using lens or just using lens? You can share any picture you take to Keep but not something you just 'lens' as nothing is stored, no image is made or saved to gallery. There, in essence, is nothing to share/send to Keep unless it's an image saved in your gallery.

I take the photo inside of the Google Lens application. There are articles online suggesting that they added an interface to Google Keep, to let you store the Lens image in Keep. Apparently they took that out on the Pixel 6.

Upvote 0
Well, I've only used lens on a pocture I've already taken, If the picture just using lens is ephemeral, there's very little pint.

That's just not true. If I take a photo in Lens, I could easily realize after the fact that it is a great photo and I want to save it. It's a completely valid and common use case, and they did not account for it. How difficult would it be to add a Save button?

Upvote 0
I take the photo inside of the Google Lens application. There are articles online suggesting that they added an interface to Google Keep, to let you store the Lens image in Keep. Apparently they took that out on the Pixel 6.
Ah, I don't use the separate lens app - just the option in the camera, like portrait etc. Have you ever actually been able to do that or you just read you could or that it was coming? Now I'm curious!

Upvote 0
Ah, I don't use the separate lens app - just the option in the camera, like portrait etc. Have you ever actually been able to do that or you just read you could or that it was coming? Now I'm curious!

I just started to use the Lens app before I posted this question. I have never seen it save an image.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones