1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General How to save media to SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan8379, Sep 4, 2012.

1. dan8379

dan8379 New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Hello...new user here and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to save certain types of media to my 32 gb SD card. Specifically magazines through the Next Issue app, and movies through Flixster. I loaded a DVD that I had into Flixster and tried to download to the Galaxy and got the message that I could, but it would only leave me 300 mb of space (or something like that) on the hard drive. I could not find any option to save to an SD card instead. Same with the magazines...when I "pin" them it appears that they are taking up space on the hard drive, not the SD card. So far music has been the only thing I have been able to save on to the card. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    I have put Mp4 music and JPG picture files on my 16gb Micro Card. Have not tried movie files.

3. dan8379

dan8379 New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks for the reply...music I am ok with...the issue I'm having is with "app-driven" media. Magazines, Ultra-violet movies through Flixster, TV shows through Media Hub, etc.

4. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Somehow I think what ever you put on your memory card must be in some type of file format. That the Tab2 recognizes.