• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to save MMS pic

when you open the message and it shows the pic in the slide show, tap the picture and it gives you three options at the bottom of the page... just touch the bottom right icon and it goes to another screen where you check the box of the file you wish to save and it saves that pic to your sd card

let me know if that isnt explained enough

Upvote 0
I had an issue...happens occasionally but haven't figured out how to replicate it...where I'll receive an MMS in Chomp (just like Handcent) with the little " > " slideshow icon. I KNOW how to get to the option of saving the picture but I just want to ViEW the picture WITHOUT saving. When I click on the " > " the screen flashes for a SPLIT-SECOND to shot the picture and then RIGHT BACK to the MMS message.

Is there any way to simply VIEW the picture...as you can do when there is NOT the slideshow option...rather than having to DOWNLOAD the picture first??

Sorry if my "split-second" description is confusing...ESPECIALLY if it is not happening on your phone...but that is the quirky/weird issue I am experiencing. I know how to download or do other functions...but when I get that slideshow " > " in my MMS, I cannot simply VIEW the picture.

BTW, any clue WHY I would be receiving an MMS picture in the slideshow mode occasionally while MOST of the time just simply receiving a picture that I can click and view without these slideshow issues??

THANKS!!

Scott

Upvote 0
when you open the message and it shows the pic in the slide show, tap the picture and it gives you three options at the bottom of the page... just touch the bottom right icon and it goes to another screen where you check the box of the file you wish to save and it saves that pic to your sd card

let me know if that isnt explained enough

worked perfect.....

u can also tap and hold right above the slideshow.... a menu pops up ... the 2nd option is "save picture"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones