1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to save your purchase information?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Luke Drillbrain, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Luke Drillbrain

In Linux, and previously in Windows, if I buy an application online, I've always saved my installation package and my user license on two external hard dives. That way if I ever need to wipe my laptop and reinstall my OS or if I get a new laptop, I can reinstall the applications I've paid for without having to buy them again.

So how do I do that with my Android phone? I bought SM Office and Ultralingua and a couple other things. They weren't very expensive, but I don't think I should have to pay for them again in the event that I have to reinstall the Android OS or get a new phone. How do I store my licensing info for later retrieval?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Well if you purchased them from google play store,It will keep track of your purchases.And you will be able to install them on any of your devices if the app is compatible.
    I don't know about amazon or any other webside that you may have purchased apps at.

Luke Drillbrain likes this.
  3. Luke Drillbrain

That's good to know. Thanks. They were all from the Google Play Store.

4. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Then they are still attached to your google play store account,Just log into the google account you purchased the app with.And they should show up on your google play store apps.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Just to chime in on Amazon, it's also linked to your account.