1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to schedule text message in Andoid 9?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by garybeck, Dec 30, 2018.

1. garybeck

garybeck Android Enthusiast

Hello,
    I recently upgraded to Android 9. I can't seem to find the functionality to schedule the sending of a text message. I have been googling this for quite a while and all the places it tells me to look, it is not there. it seems as though they moved it or took it out and version 9??
    Can anyone tell me how to schedule a text message in Android version 9? Thank you

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It's more likely to depend on the app you are using rather than the Android version. I've just checked the apps on my phone and Textra and Chomp SMS both offer this in a relatively easy way (press the + button next to where you type the message and look for a clock icon). I didn't see anything as obvious in Google's messages app. I am running Android 9.

tube517 and Dannydet like this.
  3. garybeck

Right, I'm talking about the messaging app that comes built in with the Android operating system. From what I have read, the built in app used to be able to do it. If rather not install a while new messaging app just for this . Thanks

4. Hadron

VIP Member

Yeah, I'm not sure there really is a built-in messaging app that's part of the Android OS any more. The old AOSP app, which might have had that claim, hasn't been updated for several years, and I cannot think of any device that comes with it these days. Different manufacturers include their own apps, including Google (who also make theirs the default in Android One devices), but I don't really think that any of these are part of the operating system, they are just the app that the manufacturer chose to bundle with their device.

If you tell us what app you have (or what device) then maybe someone will know more about that particular app. I can tell you that if it's Google's Messages app it doesn't have that ability, and I think I saw in another thread that the Samsung one does.

5. garybeck

thanks... i have a Moto X4 on Google Fi. I thought the messaging app was just part of the OS. I looked at the app info and it says it is from Google LLC, so it must be the one you're talking about. i'm hoping I can schedule text messages without adding a whole new app. thnaks!

6. Hadron

VIP Member

If it's a Google app called Messages then I'm afraid you will need a different app.

(Which is no big deal to be honest, unless there is some other feature of that app that you are attached to).