1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to search contacts (ICS)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by topuji, Aug 19, 2012.

1. topuji

topuji Newbie

This may seem a very layman like question, but coming from a Samsung Android phone, I am finding it very difficult to search the contacts in Xperia S. Whenever I try to type the name, the letters disappear and the search resets .. any help ???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

I usually go to the dialer the type the contact name using the keypad.

3. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Android Enthusiast

Try the Contact Lookup app from Google Play. It works very well for me.

4. Del1701

Del1701 Android Enthusiast

Have you tried doing a soft reset to see if it helps ?

All you do is press and hold the power button and volume up until the phone viabrates 3 times and then leave it for a minute and then turn it back on, it may clear this problem ;)

5. tdapower

tdapower Lurker

Did u update to ICS? I think ur problem is solved in ICS update.

6. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

As the title of this thread is "How to search contacts (ICS)" I think it's safe to assume the OP is already on ICS !!!

7. topuji

topuji Newbie

Hi .. thanks for the suggestions. But I am experiencing this problem sometimes, and it seems to be somehow linked with another problem I posted on a diff thread infinite view not responding), and the cause is syncing of some accounts. I haven't been able to pinpoint which account sync is causing the problem, but have narrowed down to either "Facebook inside xperia" and/or "Google top contacts".

Another point in similar context I want to ask. I remember I could go to a contact quick view (with calling, texting and other options) right from inside gmail. But now when I am clicking on a senders contact picture, nothings happening. Is the feature not supported in xperia, or is it some problem with me ?

8. Del1701

Del1701 Android Enthusiast

Doesn't seem to work from my gmail either.

Sony Xperia S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews