1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to search People for an item in Notes

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by pacman10, Feb 7, 2011.

1. pacman10

pacman10 Newbie

I have an HTC Desire running Android 2.2. It has what I would call a Contact database which came with the phone but HTC calls it People. I want to be able to search this database for items in the Notes field or other fields but the Search facility (bottom right button) only searches on the Name and Forename field. This greatly limits the value of this contacts database. Let's say I'm looking for a plumber who did a good job for me a couple of years ago. I can't remember his name but in the Notes section of his entry I noted that he is a plumber. I want to be able to search for "plumber" and find all the entries containing that word. Is there some search feature in People that I haven't found or do I need to install some third-party Search app to search my People database ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mc48

mc48 Android Enthusiast

There is a free app in the market I believe it is called Contact Lookup by SoftWyer (used to be Contact Search) along with an add on called Contact View. It will search other fields in your contacts/people. I don't have the Pro version but for $1.61 it will search even more fields.

pacman10 likes this.
  3. pacman10

pacman10 Newbie

Perfect ! Thanks very much. I bought the Pro version (because I need it to search the Notes fields) and it did exactly what I wanted.