• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to see any deleted search history on another phone

Is there a way to have any deleted history sent to my phone and is there a way to get notified when incognito tab was used? Preferably remotely. So the mechanism can't be stopped to get around it. I've caught husband on incognito mode. I suspect he's lying about not using it anymore. How can I see what he deletes from his history? He now knows how to go straight to the Google my activity page so there's no way as far as I know to recover any data he deletes.

This is a difficult situation.
I personaly don't know how one would salvage deleted info like that from a device.

However, I believe that law enforcement can do so, so my guess is that it is possible.

Although I am totally against people being able to do this sort of thing (imagine if someone were to do it to you) I still did a simple search (not Google) just to see what pops up.

I can be against doing such a thing, yet still see reasons for it to be done.

This is one of the first things to come up on a search of 'how to track spouses web searches' ...

https://thetruthspy.com/track-internet-browsing-history/

Keep in mind that I know nothing of the company as far as its trustworthyness, its safety for users (and whoever it is being used on), or anything else about it.

Suffice it to say that any app with these capabilities is dangerous to say the least. It needs many permissions and will have a great amount of control of information on the device, and you may not have control over how this information is used or distributed.

Perhaps there is another method (marriage counselling?) that would actually help more.

Remember that Android is a remarkably simple system, and that if he has figured out how to clear his history with Google it probably wouldn't be long before he could thwart other efforts as well.

This app claims that it can't be found on the person's device, but I would take that challenge.
In fact, if he so much as changes a Play Protect setting in the Play Store this app would be flagged by Google.
And there would be other ways for him to discover it as well.

My thinking on the matter as a whole is that distrust cannot be satisfied by breaking the trust of another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones