• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to see full properties of a file?

A bochur

Android Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2016
On a PC, when you right click on any file, and open 'properties' you can see all the details of that file. Is there any way to access such details on an Android phone?

An example would be as follows: I download an audio file that someone sent in WhatsApp, but when i go to my file manager/WhatsApp/WhatsApp media, the file shows up as AUD-20181226 but in Google play music, that same files shows the real name (comes to prove that the real name is stored somewhere).

So the question is, is there a file manager that would show full details of the file? Because on a pc in properties, i would be able to see the display name and also the actual title. (I tried moto file explorer, amze file, and ES, but none have what I'm looking for)

I'm guessing it depends on where the files come from, I'd tags, and format.
Using solid explorer, I can check properties and you'll see the file name, artist, etc.... That's an MP3, from an actual album, other sound files.may or may not have any fields shown...

Thanks! Exactly what i was looking for (besides that it's a paid app...)

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
FYI the free 'lite' version does show file properties, like ID3 tags for music. So it very probably is exactly what you're looking for.

Seems like I'm missing something here. I downloaded solid explorer from the play store, and it seems to have a 14 day trial. I can't seem to find this lite version. You mind pointing me in the right direction?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones